Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brother in law robbing the cradle

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    When did FORT change into Match.com?
    Hey, don't blame FORT...your the one struttin' around in his shorts
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Was it wrong when I dated a 23 year old when I was 38? He ended up dumping me because I was too immature. :
    Janet, is that you?

I'm older than my husband. Age has never been a problem for us. It took me a while to "young him up" but I finally did it. I may kill him any day, but not for being younger than I am.
    Last edited by Muduh; 07-11-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Once you are legal, age makes little difference. It sounds like no matter the age, your brother has just had bad taste in women.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I'm almost 30 nd if I was single and met the right man even if he was 45, I would giv him a chance so... let them be and hopefully it will work out.

eh hum.....I'm 46.....soooooo? :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    eh hum.....I'm 46.....soooooo? :rolleyes
    She said IF she were single. Guess that leaves you out. There are a ton of nice ladies at Fort, though. Keep trying!

Karna, I'm just going to ditto almost everyone before me. Age really doesn't matter and 14 years is certainly not some sort of freak show relationship.

However, you don't have a favorable impression of her. It seems like you wrote your bad feelings about the relationship off to the age difference. Could there be something else that bothers you about her? It's easy to fault her age, but maybe there is something else that bugs you.

It's normal for you to be protective, especially when you've mentionned he's made mistakes in the past. However, your question that 'what would a 24 year old guy see in a 38 year old' is pretty limiting. I'm 30 and I would doubt that I share the same qualities and characteristics with other 30 year old women. You never know, she might actually genuinely like him, not just because he's a firefighter.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    At 24 I would have lacked the maturity to date someone 38. I do however believe that as you get older, age makes less of a difference. I think perhaps a lot of it has to do with the stage in life that you are at, not neccesarily the age. (i.e., Have you had children? Are you planning to? Have you developed your career? etc) Having been through one marriage and having children so young (I started at 19), I am in many ways in a different stage of my life than others my age who have went to school or concentrated on careers earlier on and are now ready to start on the marriage/family track or even are waiting to pursue those options, if at all. Chronological age is very different from biological and psychological age. When I dated in High School, I dated someone three years older at 16 and someone two years younger at 17. At that age, a few years made a huge difference. In my personal experience, most of the men I know that are "my age" seem to have developed that "the world owes me" attitude, I'm not sure why. (Before you jump on me, yes, I am aware that there are MANY wonderful 30 year old men out there. Like I said, it has just been my personal experience.) I can say that having a relationship with someone ten years older has been the most positive and rewarding relationship I have ever been in, and the age has not been an issue.

I guess I should rent Harold and Maude again.

I think lifestyle is the one of the most important parts of the age equation. Are you both active or are you both ones to watch the world go by. If active, then make sure the older of the two can still get around. That was one of the problems with my first marriage. She was not able to participate in my active lifestyle and she was 7 years older. Now I am the elder and I know I need to keep in shape to keep up with my younger leading lady so we can have 50 years together.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast