+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brother in law robbing the cradle

I'm not adding anything of value here, but I just have to say that I agree with what's already been said. People do dumb stuff, but - meh. If he wants to make bad decisions, then that's his right. No matter how much you might want to dictate his life, I would hope he wouldn't really let you do that. I understand you have great intentions, and that's admirable, but I'd find it harder to respect a man who was living his life by his sister in law's rules than I would a man who made bad decisions, but decisions that were his own.

My 40 year old brother often dates women younger than me. (I'm 30) He's also ridiculously immature, and no woman his own age would find anything in common with him. It's what works for him, and that's cool. His business, not mine.

Thanks for all the opinions, I guess I shouldn't want to "take care" of people so much.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Hey, when I'm 36 and still single, it will be legal to date girls half my age.

That being said, I've always been attracted to younger women myself. In fact, all of the girls I've dated have been at least 3 years younger than me. For some reason I've never really been interested in girls my age, nor them in me. Sounds like that may be the case with your brother. Admittedly, I'm not always as mature as I probably should be, so that may have something to do with it.

At least she's legal. It's not like he's going out with high school girls. So really, there's nothing illegal about it. Sure, it seems a little weird... but if they're both happy, then what else really matters?
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    In fact, all of the girls I've dated have been at least 3 years younger than me.
    3 years is great!! That's nothing, but 14 years? Yikes! That's like me dating a 50 year old, eww!!

Hmmmm.. My fiance is 52 and I am 37.. Sorry Guys but Age is a number.. and I think it depends on the maturity and compatability. Your brother is a grown man.. He is entitled to make his decisions and mistakes. We all gotta learn from them.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    My brother is 42, and is wife is 30 (his second marriage, her first). They've been together and married since she was 21 and have an awesome marriage. She took on his two sons just like they were her own. They now have five children. Skip (my brother) was very responsibile when they first met -- he didn't even let her meet his two sons until they were seeing each other for six months, and he had decided that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. After she met the boys and fell in love with them (and they in her), they decided to make it official.

I guess it all depends on the situation. She's a very mature girl, and I coudln't love her anymore than I already do.

I don't think it's such a huge age difference. I'm 23 and I've dated people in their early to mid 30's.. age is just a number. If he's immature, a 24 year old would be perfect.

I'm almost 30 nd if I was single and met the right man even if he was 45, I would giv him a chance so... let them be and hopefully it will work out.

The age difference doesn't bother me at all. If she was 16 and him 30, no way. They are both of age so I have no problem. I have a friend who remarried a few years ago. She is now 40 and he is 61. He is so good to her and for the first time in her life she can relax and not worry so much about bills and what not. She used to work three jobs to make ends meet. Now she works one and he fusses at her all time saying she doesn't need to work. He is retired. He wants her to quit so they can travel more. Actually, he will respect her decision either way.
    Wouldn't t be a shame if your brother in law lost out on a chance for happiness just because of a calendar?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    3 years is great!! That's nothing, but 14 years? Yikes! That's like me dating a 50 year old, eww!!
    HEY! Watch it!! Please don't put "50 year old" and "eww" in the same sentence! There is absolutely nothing ewww-ey about the over 50 crowd

PS...I'm just kidding of course...you can eww all ya want about us oldies. We don't care...we have the "experience" to handle such injustice. When all else fails, we can run ya over with our walkers!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast