+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: OK, now a thread on cheapness

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I tend to overtip because I always feel bad for the waiters and waitresses as people my age tend (I'm 20) tend not to tip very well I've found (if they tip at all) Mind you, if it was absolutely horrible service, I will not tip, or leave a minimal tip at least... but I think I've only done that once, and to tell you the truth, I don't remember what happened
    My daughter recently went out to a pizza place with a bunch of friends, all going to be freshman and sophmores, so 14-16 years old. First time for this sort of thing, without a parent along. I admonished her about tipping enough.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Veejer, Otis the singing hamster will definitely vote for Potus.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    My dad is a meat cutter by trade and swears that processed lunch meat is good for at least a week after the sell by date, sometimes longer. I'm always a little more wary, but it hasn't killed him yet!
    Oh goodness ATLEAST Scarlett! I totally agree with Dad! But I'm stuck with our company policy that says to be on the far more safe than is honestly needed.

The company that I used to work for had a "central kitchen" that would cook meals and do fresh gourmet salads that would ship out daily to our other locations...but they worked from the back of my deli since it was a huge space. Well I got to be one of their guinea pigs without being told when they were first starting up. They'd send me home with a bunch of food and then the next day ask me how it was, blahblahblah, well when I'd say it was good (and it always was)...they'd be like "great! that batch was 13 days old so we know that it'll be good plenty past the 4 day shelf life". So yeah, shelf life isn't always exactly how long the food will actually be good for.

Penny pinchers bug.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

FORT Newbie
    heh funny replies guys, Heres mine. Recently i was at KFC, and with some friends. We bought this combo pack that came with 10 pieces of chicken/mash potatoes/salad/and a one gallon cup thats HUGE. Everybody drank out of it and before we left the place, my friend refilled it. He stood there for like one minute refilling the over-sized-huge cup while people were watching him, hah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789