+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: OK, now a thread on cheapness

[QUOTE=imajunkie2]He shut up for the rest of the meal and didnt speak to me again until the next day.QUOTE]

So, was this a good thing then?!?!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My husband uses a paer towel to dry his hands, then lays the paper towel over the stand up paper towel holder.

Ummm... we have a towel over the oven door handle, that he could use, so I don't get it.

I'm a big wasteroo most of the time. Having said that I refuse to pay a lot for clothes. My daughters favorite place to shop is Family Dollar. She gets clothes for 2-3 dollars mid-season, then takes them home and modifies them. Sometimes her modifications work and it's really cool, sometimes they don't. The thing is that it's fine with me if she screws up a $3 shirt

My husband refills his drink when leaving Fast Food joints too
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I always, ALWAYS stand and watch cashiers ring up items, I would've been ripped off more times than I could count if I didn't. Most recently a bag of diapers rang up $12 more than the advertised sale price. I kid you not. And yeah, I've stood in line at customer service in Wal-Mart and the like to get back as little as a quarter - I'm with your mom, Star, it's the principle of the thing.

Speaking of diapers, we used to keep a spreadsheet on the cost per diaper cross-referenced with how many diapers you got in a certain package or box, which was then again cross-referenced with how much they cost in different stores.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    My husband uses a paer towel to dry his hands, then lays the paper towel over the stand up paper towel holder.

Ummm... we have a towel over the oven door handle, that he could use, so I don't get it.
    That is bizarre, but funny.
    My husband refills his drink when leaving Fast Food joints too
    My mother does this all the time. And on a semi-regular basis, she will continue to sit there in the restaurant, long after everyone is finished, so she can get ADDITIONAL refills. If I'm not thirsty, I refuse to get another drink. She'll actually take my refill and then take it home with her.

Oddly enough, she isn't a cheap woman in other aspects of her life... she just likes to consume as much pop as she possibly can I guess.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

When my foster mother died and we cleaned out her house there was a coat closet full of brown grocery sacks. I mean like when we opened the door there was a landslide. That must have been a collection that took years. I save a few to use for garbage sacks, but have never thought I's need a closet full.
    She also reused her paper towels. She would have them lined up on the counter where she washed them out and dried them for reuse. When I was cleaning out my garage this morning I found a box of stuff from her house and it was full if costume jewelry. GAUDY costume jewelry.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Well I guess you could call me frugal.
    I would HARDLY call you frugal with the tons of presents you sent me for my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I would HARDLY call you frugal with the tons of presents you sent me for my birthday.
    ALL MARKDOWNS!!!!:phhht

I'm not a cheapy at all. My motto is 'ya only live once'. There have been many times I've been overcharged & I just let it go. I'm not going to argue over a dollar.

My grandfather was cheap. He had tons of money, yet he insisted on collecting aluminum cans & cashing them in only to get about $2.00 back.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    BOGO = Buy One, Get One free.
    Oh gosh, I was going to pass on this thread. I'm not cheap. Stupid maybe, but not cheap. If my grocery store has a BOGO offer on something I need that's perishable...like a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk...there is no way I'm going to use two of these things before they spoil. So...Ms. Brains here buys another brand that is more expensive than the one in the BOGO offer! It's a matter of principle to me...stores should not discriminate against those of us who can't down an extra loaf of bread, dang it!!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Oh gosh, I was going to pass on this thread. I'm not cheap. Stupid maybe, but not cheap. If my grocery store has a BOGO offer on something I need that's perishable...like a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk...there is no way I'm going to use two of these things before they spoil. So...Ms. Brains here buys another brand that is more expensive than the one in the BOGO offer! It's a matter of principle to me...stores should not discriminate against those of us who can't down an extra loaf of bread, dang it!!
    I know, I hate that, too. If it's meat I will buy and repackage in freezer bags so I don't waste any, but there's no point in getting two gallons of milk when we'll only use 3/4 a gallon before it goes bad! When I used to work at a local homeless shelter we always got the extras when the local stores had those BOGO sales.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread