+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looks or personality?

It's a little of both...I can find myself attracted to just about anybody if I dig their personality or well, just dig them. There are guys who are SO HOT that do nothing for me, and yet...a conventionally ugly guy will get me twitterpated. It just depends.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    It used to be looks, purely looks. If he had a good personality, that was just icing on the cake. But now that things have changed dramatically, personality is WAY MORE important. Oh, and he has to have good breath...and smell nice... and have a nice voice

I don't give a damn about looks. Not at all. I see beautiful people all the time, and...meh. And, just so negative stereotype perceptions aren't totally validated in this thread, I don't give a damn about money, either. I've dated men who were broke and homely, but they were smart and had an amazing sense of humor.

After a really short amount of time, you just get used to what someone looks like. They could be the hottest thing this side of Mathew St. Patrick, but after a month of being together, you don't even notice anymore. They just look like them. But if they can make me laugh, that never gets old. Ever.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    Why am I not surprised?... you mentioned the 2 things I'm missing
    HAH!!!! I've seen your picture, don't sell yourself short, your beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by kitschcakes
    ..... There are guys who are SO HOT that do nothing for me, and yet...a conventionally ugly guy will get me twitterpated. .......
    um, kitchcakes.....twitterpated?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    But if they can make me laugh, that never gets old. Ever.
    That is so true. I think that attracts me more than anything else.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    um, kitchcakes.....twitterpated?
    Twitterpated...you know...gets my heart-a-flutter, pulse-racing...that kinda thing

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I'd say it is definitely the personality that makes me attracted to a person. Sure, I think Brad Pitt is hot, but it is not just because of his abs, it is also his charisma.
    That's funny, because I find his personality (or, what I've seen of it through movies and the occational interview) extremely annoying, and I can't enjoy the way he looks because of it.

Good thing we all have different taste in men

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    We're talking one night stands? Looks. Then get the hell out of there before they open their big yap and prove how stupid they are.

As far as a relationship: A terrific sense of humor will keep me around. I have lots of male friends who have the personality and humor, so a bit of eye candy can be fun.

I went to a dating site a couple of days ago - my ex threatened to use my pic and post a false profile. Since he's not the most trustworthy fella I know, I went in there to check it out. I learned how superficial I really am. Of the 100 or so men I spoke to there were two that I remember because they are very funny. I know they used their standard come-on lines, but it was fun for a few minutes. Most were freaks.

Since I didn't post my picture right away, guess who was the first one to hit on me. Yep, my ex. I didn't tell him who I was, and he offered to come over and teach me how to kiss! Boy was he embarrassed when I posted my picture! No twitterpation on my part, but I got a great laugh over it. And so did he, amazingly.

I would say both. But I have noticed guys I think are good looking, no one else does. That was true in college and that seems to be true now.

But, I do like funny men, they have to make me laugh. Plus they have to be smart. That combination goes along way with me. As for looks, well nice eyes and tall always seem to be on my list. I'm not into pretty men or guys who spend more time on their looks then I do. I just like regular guy guys.

But, in the long haul, personality is everything. A good optimistic kind smart funny guy would be perfect for me.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast