+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looks or personality?

Just give me someone interesting & intelligent, please. I've yet to find a man good-looking enough to overcome being boring and stupid.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think both are equally important.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Well, you know there's always the third option: how much money you make.

*I have been in L.A. too long*
    That has nothing to do with being in L.A.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I'm like a lot of you, I think that if someone is not repulsive the only thing that counts is personality, intelligence and world-view.

I do have some height guidelines, I'd like a guy who is at least as tall as me (5'11). I don't know what it is that makes me feel this way, but I suspect I'm not the only one.

I'm all about personality for sure. I think a person's personality always shines through to their outter appearance. If they've got a good personality, it makes them good-looking, even if the person isn't someone you'd turn around to look twice at if you just saw them walking down the street. (Not sure if that made sense? lol)

I'm not saying I don't appreciate a goodlooking guy or whatever, but for longterm friendships & commitments, it's all about personality...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Well, from previous experience, it was looks that drew me in but personality that kept me there (and eventually drove me away ). In other words, it boils down to personality. He could be the hottest guy on the planet, but if he's a jerk, the looks become irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Just give me someone interesting & intelligent, please. I've yet to find a man good-looking enough to overcome being boring and stupid.
    You got that right.
    Physical attraction is a biological fact, and I'll admit that when I was young I dated men solely because of their looks.
    Likewise, some dated me because of my looks. So there we were, two superficial, boring and stupid 22-year-olds who, once the boot-knocking was over, had absolutely nothing to say to one another.
    At that stage in life I wouldn't have deserved the guy I'm with now -- a short, pudgy, smart, funny and remarkably decent man. I wasn't good enough for him.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    At that stage in life I wouldn't have deserved the guy I'm with now -- a short, pudgy, smart, funny and remarkably decent man. I wasn't good enough for him.
    Candor - it's so true, how much better prepared we become, as we get older, to sort through the bullsh*t and appreciate the things in life that really matter. I hope your man appreciates you the same way you do him. Very touching.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I'd say it is definitely the personality that makes me attracted to a person. Sure, I think Brad Pitt is hot, but it is not just because of his abs, it is also his charisma. However, in reality, I would probably be intimidated by his looks. I guess I prefer people who look somewhat normal, rather than like they have devoted their life to sculpting their body. Good looks don't matter so much, but they have to have self-confidence. Insecurity is a huge turn-off for me. You could have all the personality in the world, but if you add a "no one would ever date a guy who looks like me" attitude, then forget it, its over.

So the trick is - if you look like a total dork, pretend you don't know it.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I think confidence is a big issue too, I wouldn't want to be with someone who is really insecure about themselves.

As many of you had said, once you get to know a person really well, they become extremely attractive even if at first glance it wasn't there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast