+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looks or personality?

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Truth be told I like unconventional over cookie cutter men.
    I really like to see some character in a guy's looks. No Ken dolls for me. :nono

Really, I tried to decide what is more important to me and I don't really know. I think they go hand in hand. I've always become more attracted to guys the stronger my feelings got for them.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

In all honesty, looks makes me take the first look most of the time, but personality keeps my eyes there. Most of the women I've dated have been after I've gotten to know them and and decided they were the type of people I would want to spend time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    In all honesty, looks makes me take the first look most of the time, but personality keeps my eyes there.
    Well said!

Sadly primarily I'll go for looks, but once I get to know the person in depth personality will make up my decision

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    looks and personality are the same thing for most guys (*) (*)

you would have to be lying to say someone's looks don't make your head turn

but honestly, right now, i'm more attracted to personality....sure when i was younger it was all about looks, but not anymore

i really like somone right now who is not what you would conventionally call handsome or real attractive....but, he's the nicest and most genuine person i know, that to me is very attractive

as far as the one night stands go....yeah looks are good lol....i would never have one with a jerky person....i could handle an airhead for a few hours, but not an ass....i have turned down people because of that....one time, i was all ready to go over to his apartment until something jerky came out of his mouth....i quickly changed my mind and left...and he was cute too, i dont' care how good looking someone is...i wont put up with that
    Last edited by snickers; 07-08-2004 at 06:07 AM.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Most definitely both. Looks catch my eyes first and then their shining personality makes the heart grow fonder.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Eva, you know everyone will say both.
    Well, you know there's always the third option: how much money you make.

*I have been in L.A. too long*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    looks and personality are the same thing for most guys (*) (*)
    Why am I not surprised?... you mentioned the 2 things I'm missing

I agree almost entirely with ADKLove, just reread her post! Unless I find a man's appearance absolutely repulsive (sorry, that does happen and you can't help it) it's at least 90% personality for me. The guys most women seem so attracted to aren't really the type I like; for instance most of the guys on the Bachelor, Bachelorette, and so forth do absolutely nothing for me. Ditto the 'metrosexual' thing...bo-ring.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast