+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's your therapeutic activity?

What's your therapeutic activity?

Everyone has an activity they do to relax & think things over... or perhaps they do it when they don't wanna think about anything at all...

I wash my car. Over time I've built up this awesome carwash collection of soaps and tire foam and wheel cleaners and wow... lol ....
    Carwashing is my therapeutic activity & I love it.

(I'll wash other people's cars too, doesn't matter...but washing my own car brings EXTRA peace to mind.... :-))

My husband cleans the pool, that's his therapeutic activity.

What's your therapeutic activity?
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

You and your husband are crazy. Cleaning?!!? Oye! That's not therapeutic.. that's stressful! Just thinking about cleaning makes me knot up!

My therapeutic activity.. hmm.. I put on music.. usually something to reflect either where I want to be mentally/emotionally, or something to centre myself. If I'm in a bad mood, angry music works, and then I'll switch to something a little more mellow for example.

I like to work out in my flower bed when I get stressed out. Working can be therapeutic too! Also love to sunbathe and take a nice long bubble bath to relax and forget all the stress for the day.

I'm doing it now.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I watch TV

Gardening....sun, rain, night time, I don't care. And occasionally I'll get in the car and just drive to nowhere in particular...it's relaxing for some reason (and I mean a country drive, no city traffic!)
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I'm doing it now.
    Me, too. I clean a little, then plop back down on the chair and check out the FoRT.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

-Wyndemere--I'm with you, I LOVE washing my car. I crank up the stereo and clean that thing from top to bottom, inside & out. I love it so much I've thought about opening up my own car detailing business. I, too, have a huge variety of cleaners & soaps & everytime I go to Wal-Mart I find myself going to the automotive dept. to get MORE. I really can't stand driving a dirty car. Especially in the summer!

-My other therapeutic activity would be walking on the treadmill. I've been doing that for a very long time now & I really love it, it's almost like a drug.

FORT Fogey
    I usually go running (swimming in the summer). The problem is, when I have time to go running, I'm not stressed out, but when I need a time to myself, it's always before a big test or something. Sucks how it works that way.

FORT Fogey
    I surf the 'net. I visit the FORT, check out the news, go wherever my ride takes me.

It's a bummer, 'cause I used to work out and ride my road and mountain bikes all over the place when I was in need of therapeutic activity but chronic health problems dictate that I just surf the 'net now.

I'm sure glad you're all here!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast