+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's your therapeutic activity?

I love lying in a darkened room listening to soothing music. I teach, so any peace is gratefully appreciated! I also love going for a facial every couple of months. I'd go every week if I could and if I could afford it. Pure bliss!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I lock my child in the closet and read a book.
    You know how kids hate having their faces wiped? Sit down in a comfy spot with a good book and every time a child comes up to you... wipe their face with a really wet washcloth. They'll leave you alone in short order.

Really though, FORT is my break in the day and a hot bath is my ultimate way to unwind.

Paxcil......works everytime.

Lately, Video Pinball. It seems to de-stress me.

I used to shoot skeet or play my flute to relieve stress, but don't have much of an opportunity to do those things anymore since motherhood came along.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I had to think about this. I don't really have anything regular. I think I just get crazier and crazier all the time.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Premium Member
    Painting and making candles, plus the extra $$ is nice from selling my stuff.. it's like getting paid to get therapy!

I so love spending time in the water, my friends call me Mermaid Girl. No matter how crappy I feel, I just go out to pool in the sunshine and enjoy an hour doing my exercises and letting my mind wander, immersed in beautiful, cool aquamarine, and afterwards I feel fine.

Either that, or playing GTA: Vice City on the PS2. Yeah, I am amazingly calm after virtually stealing cars and killing hookers for a few hours.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I go for deep tissue massage.

The FORT.

Naps with my dogs and cats.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I do hand sewing. I used to make christening gowns by hand. I could just lose myself while sewing. I had no problems. Then when I'd sell one, I'd stress over how to spend the money.

Muduh, I agree, hand sewing is very calming. Most of my work is done by machine but I finish off almost everything with hand sewing or beading. I love to sit hunched over on my sofa detailing fabric or finishing a project.

My therapy, I design and sew. After my kids go to bed, I work on my product line. Developing designs, creating patterns and constructing product. I get completely lost in my work and often look up to see that it is 2 or 3 in the morning. It's what I love to do and I am an absolute perfectionist so no detail is too small.

Other therapeutic activities include riding my bike (with the kids in tow) to the park or along the bay, tending to my vegetable garden and fruit trees, yoga, working out and last but not least making sure that I do my wifely duties for Mr. applesauce

Well, I used to pick up drifters and kill them, but then the FBI got too close, and I had to stop. Heh heh. No, just kidding, of course.

I garden, I read, I take (gulp) baths. Not to sound misogynostic, but that's girly, I know. My girlfriend took yoga classes for years and convinced me to do it in the evenings with her. Once I got over the "I can't believe I'm doing this" aspect of it, I started to enjoy it: I slept better at night, and I had more energy during the day.

Also: I smoke (cigars and cigarettes), I drive and listen to the radio, I play video games or mess around with the computer equipment. I vacuum, organize and alphabetize (CD's, books, etc.), make and check off to-do lists.

I used to keep aquarium fish, and that was good. As a reward, I watch movies from my DVD collection. That usually helps.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast