+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's your therapeutic activity?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    i look at internet adult sites, OH MAN!!!! DID I JUST SAY THAT????????~~runs out the door in shame~~
    Last edited by joeguy; 07-04-2004 at 11:48 PM.

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I have several coping strategies:

-I have some of my better moments of clarity while driving (usually on the country roads to and from work). I also like to listen to radio talk shows or inspirational tapes while driving.

-Listening to nature sounds, water sounds, wind chimes, etc. are calming to me. Now that I live on a lake, I love to hear the frogs at night. I also have a table fountain that runs all the time at home.

-I enjoy upbeat TV shows. I rarely watch the TV news or talk shows any more because it can get too depressing. Instead I watch things like the old time shows on Sci Fi, BBC, and TV Land. I also watch many inspirational and educational shows on channels like Turner South, the History channel, and HGTV, and others like Daystar and even RFD-TV.

-I rest by reading the positive parts of newspapers, magazines, and books, and of course I get my daily dose of laughter here at the FORT.

-Finally, I love to talk to family and friends, but I take some time each day to quietly relax by myself. I also love to take afternoon naps whenever I am home all day. Very refreshing!
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

I recently learned how to knit, and that's become my new therapeutic activity. Cooking is also therapeutic to me.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    either play my bass.... or just put on some music and chill...

usually I play my bass though... nothing better than coming home from school or work and unwinding and relieving all my built up stress through music

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    i look at internet adult sites, OH MAN!!!! DID I JUST SAY THAT????????~~runs out the door in shame~~
    I think that was a given for most of us.. That's why I didn't say it..

I come to the Fort

I also garden or walk.

Plus talking on the phone. My cell bill this month was through the roof because I've been so stressed out with work and home, I've been talking nonstop on the phone.

I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

For me, getting away from it all up in the ADK mountains - no TV, no radio, no newspaper, no interruptions, just the sounds of nature, smelling the fresh air, floating in a canoe....
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I, too, have a huge variety of cleaners & soaps & everytime I go to Wal-Mart I find myself going to the automotive dept. to get MORE.
    Oh my, that sounds way too familliar lol, I'm glad to see there are more like me. I thought I was going insane, cause I find myself in the car department everytime I go to Wal-Mart too, checking out all the different soaps & tire cleaners & new chamois and whatever else I can get to give my car that extra sparkle lol.

I love the "Black Magic" series, great stuff, especially their tire foam, it's nice!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I sleep.
    You and me both! Sleeping things away always does me wonders unless I'm having the strange dreams, but luckily they have been less and less lately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast