+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Over-Priced things you actually bought~

Over-Priced things you actually bought~

What are some things which are ridiculously priced, yet you still consume/purchase? For personal preference, or need/obsessive/craving!

Spent $144 on 8 prawns...yup! E-I-G-H-T prawns..okay, they were "tiger prawns" big massive ones, but eight of them only.

Spent $165 on crab dinner (well with my friends too, not only me ) Actually just came home from that (very full) we first of all travelled on the other side of the country (ok, it's very small) lined up for two hours, yes T-W-O hours...wait another 1 hour for our meal, but it was worth it.

Spend $39.90 on bowling (less than an hour worth) what ever happened to "student" deals :rolleyes

Spent $13 on a coke before :rolleyes

Just a few to note

$13 for Coke?!

I don't think they are over priced, but my mom seems to think I am insane for spending $230 on a pair of jeans. They are Energie.. those are expensive. I wear them all the time.. so I think I got my $230 worth!

Jay
    I recently spent $15 on a small bag of organic grapes. I wanted grapes and the organic food store was the closest.

How can you tell I'm Canadian? I once bought a $225 metal hockey stick. Did it help me score more goals? Nope. Did it help me skate faster? Nyet. Did I look incredibly cool? Absolutely and that's all that matters.

Yikes!!

And my husband thinks I spend too much money!!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, there was this hooker in Shrevesport.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Rab
    I dunno if this is overpriced but 3.50 for a glass of soy milk in a restuarant? >_> I usually see them for 2.50 or less.

8.00 for a tube of lipstick
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    8.00 for a tube of lipstick
    That's not so bad for good lipstick

I paid $200 for shoes once. I take pride in the shoes I buy and loved those things. That is way too much for shoes but they lasted me a year and I still use them as a backup pair for things like camping and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Well, there was this hooker in Shrevesport.....
    If you feel that you got your money's worth, then no, you didn't spend too much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast