+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Over-Priced things you actually bought~

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Who else is the husband going to spend on, the dog?
    Maybe I should get one of those, (husband not the dog I mean) and then I could enjoy blowing big bucks!
    Naahh.....
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Aargh. I can't even catalogue the things I've overspent on. I spend $275 per month to park downtown.
    Damn. Here I was complaining about my parking being doubled from $50 a month to $100. Still, I cringe at Paul Allen getting more money, especially from normal folks with normal jobs.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_cool
    What are some things which are ridiculously priced, yet you still consume/purchase? For personal preference, or need/obsessive/craving!

Spent $144 on 8 prawns...yup! E-I-G-H-T prawns..okay, they were "tiger prawns" big massive ones, but eight of them only.

Spent $165 on crab dinner (well with my friends too, not only me ) Actually just came home from that (very full) we first of all travelled on the other side of the country (ok, it's very small) lined up for two hours, yes T-W-O hours...wait another 1 hour for our meal, but it was worth it.

Spend $39.90 on bowling (less than an hour worth) what ever happened to "student" deals :rolleyes

Spent $13 on a coke before :rolleyes

Just a few to note
    Wow, that's a lot to spend on food, Blue.

Must be a rich kid's daughter eh..
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Here's a good one...we have been having a big problem with racoons coming into our yard at night to get water and eating up our fruit and veggies. Last week they even ripped up a bunch of my kids toy balls, bats, etc. Everything shredded everywhere. We have also noticed big chunks of our brand new lawn ripped up from them trying to get plums, apples, and such that have fallen. Well, I was so mad after seeing the toys and lawn ripped apart that I drove over to the hardware store and purchased this fancy "scarecrow" sprinkler that has a small radar in the front. Whenever anything goes in front of the radar it really blasts it hard with a strong burst of water. The cost for this contraption...$70.00. My husband would flip if he knew it cost that much! It does work though. I keep forgetting it's there and have been getting drenched. The kids like to play with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Whenever anything goes in front of the radar it really blasts it hard with a strong burst of water. The cost for this contraption...$70.00. My husband would flip if he knew it cost that much! It does work though. I keep forgetting it's there and have been getting drenched. The kids like to play with it too.
    That's one of the coolest ideas ever. I want to play with it too!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567