+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Over-Priced things you actually bought~

I don't like to feel I overspent on something...but if it's quality, I'm willing to shell out for it.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

*Shudders*

$15 for lipstick.

Trust me, my husband does NOT know about that.

Otherwise, I'm the "Damned if I'm gonna pay THAT for THAT!" type.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

My husband would probably argue that everything I buy is over-priced.

Actually, I'm a recovering shopaholic, I shouldn't even be in this thread.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Two genuine crocodile belts 1 black, and 1 brown size 30, and a year later my waist went to 32.

I'm a cheapskate too -- or, as I prefer to think of it, bargain hunter. I do a *lot* of my clothes shopping at TJ Maxx and the like, where you can find things like Nine West shoes for $25.
    I'll splurge on a good suit now and then, or on tall leather boots. If I can't find them on sale. Those are worth it. But last week I spent $17 on a black cotton T-shirt from Express. Nothing on it, just plain, thin cotton that will probably fall apart when I wash it, and was probably manufactured for $1.50 by overworked child workers in Malaysia.
    It was way more than I'd normally pay for a scrap of cotton.
    But it looked so cute on. Cuter than my other dozen black tops. I had to have it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Oh yeah, I forgot the sunglasses. I like the Revo the best, but since my face is small (I'm petite everywhere, not just a pea head) - Kenneth Cole work best for me. Uh oh, time to head out shopping....

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Who ARE you people? Am I the only serial cheapskate here? I can't think of a single thing I've spent *too* much money on (I exclude my children, of course ). I think I'm overdue...I like Jewls' plastic surgery thing.
    No, I'm on cheapie patrol too! I like good stuff, but I'll go with the cheaper stuff and save my spare change to splurge on vacations ( waiting for the best deals of course), camera equipment, stuff like that as opposed to expensive clothes. Of course I absolutely refuse to carry a balance on my charge card! So, maybe I'm not as stylish and cute as some, but I can dream of being a retired-early-with-a nice-nest-egg old bat eventually!

Oh, to get back on topic; I did actually spend $22 on a bicycle bell that's hand painted, it's a cute little ladybug, imported from France . Probably the only totally frivolous puchase I've made in the past year.
    Obviously, I ain't hard to please.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Jay
    I once spent $125 on a skillet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    I once spent $125 on a skillet.
    I consider myself a cheapskate (and I HATE to shop), but $125 for a skillet - can't skimp on good cookware (ditto knives)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Uh oh. ADKLove's post reminds me of something else I spend too much on. I realize she's talking carving/steak knives, but it reminded me of one of my downfalls. My husband and I both have pocketknife collections and have spent insane amounts of money on them before.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast