+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Over-Priced things you actually bought~

I used to buy $80 Nine West sunglasses about once a month (I kept losing the dang things). I finally realized the foolishness of paying almost $100 on an accessory I can't even keep track of.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

My biggest splurges always involve my grandkids. I loved to take my grand daughter shopping every year for school clothes. Then I got to help her furnish her dorm room when she started college. The boys are always fun to do things with, and for. My sixteen year old and I have been close since day one. I splurge on him often. The three year old is a cheap date so far. A couple of bucks for a dinosaur and he's in heaven. (started to say "hog heaven" but that's probably just a southern thing.)

Who ARE you people? Am I the only serial cheapskate here? I can't think of a single thing I've spent *too* much money on (I exclude my children, of course ). I think I'm overdue...I like Jewls' plastic surgery thing.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Good news, all you gals who liked that Italian briefcase I have my eye on as a future purse. This particular one off their "American Style" line I found priced down to $250 which is not much more than I pay for my Dooney and Burke purses.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Who ARE you people? Am I the only serial cheapskate here? I can't think of a single thing I've spent *too* much money on (I exclude my children, of course ). I think I'm overdue...I like Jewls' plastic surgery thing.

I'm with you AJane. I'm a cheapskate too. The only thing I could think of that I splurged on was my wedding and honeymoon. And even then, I did things to cut cost and found the best and cheapest destination for us.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Good news, all you gals who liked that Italian briefcase I have my eye on as a future purse. This particular one off their "American Style" line I found priced down to $250 which is not much more than I pay for my Dooney and Burke purses.

Damn. I would lie awake nights racked with guilt if I spent that on a single item. Am I really that cheap?

And Combat Cutie, my husband and I saved up Air Miles to use for our wedding trip.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Purses and perfumes, that's what I like to drop $$ on. Oh and sunglasses

Who else is the husband going to spend on, the dog?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Dammit, I'm going shopping and I'm taking you with me, Texie.

I am with Ajane....I'm typically a cheapskate. However, when I spend money, it is usually on electronics/gadgets(TV, stereo, computer, etc). I would never say I bought anything that was overpriced, though. I always go for the most bang for my buck. I wait for the top shelf stuff to come way down in price, which it usually does very quickly these days.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I am with Ajane....I'm typically a cheapskate. However, when I spend money, it is usually on electronics/gadgets(TV, stereo, computer, etc). I would never say I bought anything that was overpriced, though. I always go for the most bang for my buck. I wait for the top shelf stuff to come way down in price, which it usually does very quickly these days.
    I am with you and Ajane on this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast