+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Over-Priced things you actually bought~

When I was a kid, boy did I buy some overpriced things. You knows those people in toy stores that show off magic tricks and make them look so good? Well I fell into their trap and bought a $60.00 magic set with 5 tricks. Half of the tricks were too hard to understand and the others just weren't that great.

I guess I kind of 'splurged' when I bought my vehicle. I had received some inheritance money, & I went out & bought a brand new Chevy TrailBlazer. I really like it & It's really been great not having a car payment anymore.

About 15 years ago I bought a pair of goat leather skin black pumps. They had a 3 inch heels and were so soft. I think they were about $150. Plus I had a great raw silk royal blue skirt. that may have been about $75 on sale. Wore them both to an all school reunion dinner dance in my home town. That night it rained like crazy, flooded the little stream that ran next to the ice rink/foot ball field area that the dance was held at. that little stream then proceeded to flood the downtown area. The water was knee deep and above around the rink when I left and we had to walk at least a half mile in water that was getting shallower and shallower. I didn't dare take off the shoes because there was so much glass and rocks. Needless to say the shoes didn't last and the skirt never looked the same.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm a sucker for expensive jewelry. No tickers, all sweepers. Don't leave out diamonds.

I also spend way too much on the other accessories, shoes ( italian leather ), purses and satchel/briefcases.

If I could find a pair of jeans that FIT, money would be no object. That hasn't happened yet, but if it does....cha ching.

Maybe I should rethink my priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I want this mailman bag styled hand tanned leather briefcase, to use as a tote. It's $360 or so. Yikes, but I'll get it eventually.
    Looks great Tex What brand is it? I have been looking for one, but it's so hard to find the "One."

I once bought a waterbuffalo leather briefcase, I don't remember what it cost exactly in numbers , but it was the same amount I used to spent on food in a month. That I do remember because I was thinking can I starve for a bit... Yes I could I don't think I really ended up splurging because I really used it daily.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I want this mailman bag styled hand tanned leather briefcase, to use as a tote. It's $360 or so. Yikes, but I'll get it eventually.
    You should check out overstocks.com - picked up a bag like this for my sister for Christmas, spent about $120. You might need to check back a few times - the inventory is always changing.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    Looks great Tex What brand is it? I have been looking for one, but it's so hard to find the "One."

That particular leather mailman briefcase is from an Italian company, Clava.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Texi I love that bag. I'd like one too, please. Wouldn't it be nice to just once buy without thinking about it?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I think my biggest "splurge" purchase was about six years ago... $5,600 for plastic surgery.

FORT Fogey
    I've been known to make some purchases on a whim... one day I was at Wal-mart and decided to get a microwave... another time I was passing an Electronics shop and decided to go in and buy a DVD player... Not huge purchases, but for a university student working at a daycare, in his spare time... these were a fair bit of money

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast