+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Over-Priced things you actually bought~

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    About seven years ago, I got "talked" into buying an rhinestone boot anklet with a silver heart charm for $25. I had a nice new pair of black suede boots that would have set it off nicely, but I never ended up wearing the "bootlet" or the boots. By then, my desire for the bar scene was almost gone, and even though I knew it to be true, I "let" my friend and the handsome boot salesmen convince me otherwise.

I eventually sold the $32 dollar boots for a buck at a yard sale, but decided to keep the bootlet for the time when line dancing makes a comeback. Yeah, right.
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

PSi
    i remember i spent 150$ on 10 old wrestling tapes (as i was big into it at the time) and watched them only maybe once each and then taped over them. . . but that was many many years ago.

FORT Fogey
    $150 on a field hockey stick

$120 on soccer cleats

They're both pretty good though

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok to set the scene, it was Disneyworld . You automatically know that's the place for way overpriced stuff. It gets better. We were seeing some sort of Mickey extravaganza , and hey it's Florida. No coats / sweaters. Man it got COLD. I swear I could see my breath all of a sudden. Other than give up our primo seats and pack it in we hit the first junk & trinket souvenir cart and bought an assortment of waaaay overpriced Mickey towels and ugly sweatshirts to get through the performance without hypothermia. It totalled over 300 bucks . The kids still have the beach towels , but those sweatshirts never were worn again. They were just that butt ugly. Why couldn't the cart with the nice sweatshirts have been near ?

I bought a tailored suit for work, when I was on vacation one weekend in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I worked in an office at the newspaper in my hometown. I spent $100 on the suit. It was beautiful and I still have it. Would I spend that kinda money again on an outfit? You betcha! I work hard and it was a reward to me for my hard work, and I never really ever got to spend that kind of money on items before because I always paid my bills and kept things orderly at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    $13 for Coke?!

I don't think they are over priced, but my mom seems to think I am insane for spending $230 on a pair of jeans. They are Energie.. those are expensive. I wear them all the time.. so I think I got my $230 worth!
    IMO, it's impossible to spend "too much" on clothing
    "That's Numberwang!"

My first VCR was over $450. We are talking mid-1980s. And, I just did the same thing this past year for a DVD that records on hard disk or DVD-RAM ($600). Can't wait for those things to drop in price like VCRs have.

I want this mailman bag styled hand tanned leather briefcase, to use as a tote. It's $360 or so. Yikes, but I'll get it eventually.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    IMO, it's impossible to spend "too much" on clothing
    I agree.. after my move, and once I get myself set up and stuff.. I'm going on a MAJOR shopping spree. I have items that I really want to buy.. I really want a pair of chalk-line pinstripe pants, some new graphic tee's.. I really like making my own.. my favorite shirt says "Go Away" on it. It's my FAVORITE club shirt. I also want some new button ups and a few sweaters.. oye.. I'm so expensive!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Fun thread..

I bought this gorgeous Fendi purse...(black with flowers embroidered..on it) okay I hope ya'all are sitting down....$1400!! What was I thinking?? I do use it and cherish it but that was pretty ridiculous.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast