+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When do you take down your Christmas tree?

Well, Sher, if I understand correctly (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here), Jan. 6th is the "12th day of Christmas", and the tree is supposed to be taken down by that evening. If the 6th falls on a weekend, we'll usually wait and take it down that day. If it falls on a weekday (like this year), we'll probably take it down the weekend before.

I also take it down on Jan. 6th since Jan. 5th is the eve of Epiphany. Of course, we don't hand out any more gifts but we leave the tree up in honour of the 3 wise men.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    We didn't have a tree, but I took down all the decorations yesterday
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

As I seem to recall, the 6th was the day the wisemen arrived in at the manger? right? Beats me and I'm Catholic....lol
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Princess
    The tradition in Sweden is to take it down at the 20:th day after X-mas eve. Many ppl have a big party (especially for kids) then, to eat all the goodies we put in the X-mas tree! (And of course adding a few more).

I have always found that if I just leave it in place, before I know it, the next Christmas rolls around and I am all set to go!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I take mine down usually around back to school time.

FORT Fogey
    Actually the wise men did not arrive till Jesus was about 2 yr old,, they didn't make it to the manger! lol

I pulled mine down over the weekend cause I had some time off and got bored one night about 1am and couldn't sleep. A friend of mine at work tells me the next day of course that it's supposed to bring you bad luck if you do it before Jan 1....I'd never heard this before, anyone else?

Princess
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I have always found that if I just leave it in place, before I know it, the next Christmas rolls around and I am all set to go!
    Bill - I sure hope it's a plastic one then! (Or it would be a pretty sore sight....)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast