+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm moving..

I'm moving..

OK.. so I just made the absolutely insane decision to move from Vancouver to Toronto, at the end of this month. I'm selling off my furniture, I have my plane ticket, I've given my notice on my apartment, and I'll cut off my utilities before I leave.. but what other things do I need to do to get ready to move?

Should you inform the postal service so that your mail gets a transfer to your new address?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

You should still notify your credit card co. of your new address.

Don't forget to visit the DMV re; the change of address. Also, notify any insurance (health, auto) re: change of address for your license.

Sometimes in our post office in the change of address packet with address cards, there is a coupon for moving trucks.

If the same cable company covers the new area MAYBE they will transfer your cable account which would cost less than becoming a NEW customer.

When you find a new doctor/dentist, you can authorize transferring your records to them. The same goes for any pets you may have.

Good luck with your move!

Just curious (none of my business) but why the move? Do tell. I hear Vancouver is SO incredible, and Toronto, well, been there....... (no offense to any Toronto-ites here).
    You're not running from the law, are you?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

You might also call/visit Toronto's chamber of commerce for your particular county/provence. There might be a new resident/welcome pack of sorts that you can use.

Thanks for the advice. I should probably mention that I am moving in with a friend of mine who has just moved to Toronto this week, from Vancouver, so I'm going to move in with him in a month. He has all the hard work to do in regards to finding an apartment and stuff.

I'm moving cuz I need a change. I'm bored of Vancouver.. I need a bigger city. Vancouver has just been feeling smaller and smaller lately, and I think it's time to get a little life experience or something. My mom was telling me that she thinks everyone should change cities at some point when they are young and unattatched to things. The worst thing that can happen is that I wont like it and I'll move back home. So I'm looking for some fun and stuff.

Your Mom gave you good advice. I wish you the best of luck in your new place.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Good luck Matt. I moved to Toronto the summer I was 19. It was a spur of the moment decision, but it worked out pretty well. I had to come back to London though, where I finished school, (transferring universities is surprisingly difficult) but afterwards, I moved back to Toronto. It was a great experience for me and what I love about Toronto is how easy it is to find your way around. It's quite hard to get lost in, which is great when you first move there.

Good luck and I hope things work well for you.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Good luck Matt. I moved to Toronto the summer I was 19. It was a spur of the moment decision, but it worked out pretty well. I had to come back to London though, where I finished school, (transferring universities is surprisingly difficult) but afterwards, I moved back to Toronto. It was a great experience for me and what I love about Toronto is how easy it is to find your way around. It's quite hard to get lost in, which is great when you first move there.

Good luck and I hope things work well for you.
    Thanks I've actually been to Toronto 2 times already, so I'm not really worried about getting lost or anything. A big city is a big city.. what I'm more worried about is THE WINTER!! Oh my gawd! We don't get snow in BC! What am I gonna do when Toronto freezes over?! Aside from that, my other fear is.. you know.. friends and whatever. I make friends easily, but.. it's a little bit of a fear of mine.. being stuck in Toronto with nobody to talk to because my roomate is a flight attendant and will be off flying around the world without me.

But I'm glad you had a good experience when you moved to Toronto.. I haven't really come across anyone I know that has moved to Toronto and not liked it.. so I'm hoping that I will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    ......Aside from that, my other fear is.. you know.. friends and whatever. I make friends easily, but.. it's a little bit of a fear of mine.. being stuck in Toronto with nobody to talk to because my roomate is a flight attendant and will be off flying around the world without me. ..
    Matt, you will be so busy with work, exploring the city and meeting new people that you won't have time to be lonely!

Anyway, you will always have us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast