+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm moving..

I can?! That's cool.. I didn't know that!

I forgot about that! Yes, you need a moving expenses deduction form when you're filing your tax. You can claim credit for the meals you took on the journey too. I think the qualification is that the move is for work or for school. You have to write down what job/school you moved for.
    Last edited by makerc; 07-05-2004 at 01:21 PM.

Hey Matt,

This might seem silly, but don't forget to notify any magazines, alumnis, club newsletters of your change of address. It might be nice to stay connected with those types of things after you move.

Here are a couple of web sites you might want to check out:

www.toronto.com - good for lots of city stuff... entertainment, businesses etc.
    www.city.toronto.on.ca - more about the government, but might have some good information for a newbie Torontonian

You've picked a great time to move here. Toronto is definitely a city that flourishes in the summer and fall. And as for the winter... well, I'll let you experience that for yourself!

Good luck with your move!
    "I'm very tired of thinking. It doesn't seem to help very much."
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    MissF are you a fellow Western alumni?
    You betcha!

At the time, I really wanted to go to York though. I ended up coming home and finishing up my degree. I eventually ended up working for a few years in Toronto once I was done school, then I came back to London. Again.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Well.. now I'm excited.. and dreading a certain aspects of this move. I hate moving.. I HATE getting the truck, boxing my crap up, loading it all up.. driving around in the big U-Haul.. cleaning. UGH! I loathe it. I also hate hate hate hate looking for a job. Job hunting is easily the most demoralizing experience.. I am not looking forward to that. Other than that.. I'm very excited.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    ^ Don't worry... I just moved into my Family's second apartment... It was more troublesome getting a new parking space. And when contruction finishes at "Cyberport" (A HK residence which is basically for offices, apartments, houses, shopping and a place for IT freaks) I have to move into a house my Dad brought there good news is I'll have a garden and a pool (HK barely has houses... at least only people i know will be in the pool rather than 6 year old kids pissing in the pool lol)

Btw Matt, If you wanna leave Canada anytime soon (when you get bored of Toronto, haha), you should try Tokyo or Hong Kong.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Haha.. AR Boy.. you're funny.

Matt, if you visit Montreal, give me a shout!

Visiting Montreal is VERY high on my list of things to do. There is so much stuff I am looking forward to doing when I get to Toronto.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234