+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm moving..

eny
    FORT Fogey
    After 1 lovely TO winter with snow up to your butt and a nice balmy -30 or so, you will probably run screaming back to Vancouver. But hey when you are young , it's the time to do it. Have fun!
    Like Miss F , I moved there for about a ear when I was 18 . Don't miss it , but glad I did it.

Good luck Matt.

Good Luck Matt!!!

Don't forget to have the utilities turned off and obtain your deposits back. That can amount to a nice amount of money.

Contact your car insurance carrier and have your insurance changed over.

As soon as you move, have your drivers license changed and if you can use the same bank have new checks issued. The addresses on both need to match so you can't do one without the other.

#1 priority..........get on-line and tell us how you are doing. :o)

toothdoc

You're leaving the west? What's the matter with you?

Vancouver is too small??? Lord, I found it terrifyingly huge when I was there I am a true prairie mouse, I guess.

Well, good luck, sweetie. Don't be leaving us for too long.

Moving cross-country is relatively easy when you're not trying to sell a house and drag kiddies with you, everyone else has already mentioned the important stuff. Go take Toronto by storm.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ah! Drivers Liscence! I never thought about that. And my bank.. I use a local credit union.. so I'm gonna have to figure something out there.. Damn! So much to do!

Don't worry.. I'll probably be online before I do anything else.. I'm moving in with a friend who is already living in Toronto.. so I have a place all set up.. computer and all.

Jay
    Matt, don't forget to notify Revenue Canada so they can gladly send you next year's tax return. Then again, you may not want them to find you...

The best thing about Toronto? It's only 400 miles to Montreal. Just kidding, Toronto is a fabulous city with plenty to offer.

Can I just 'forget' to tell Rev Can where I am?

I am actually VERY excited about the fact that Montreal is pretty close by. My roomate is a flight attendant for Air Canada, and he wants to fly all over the place. We'll probably make a few stops in Montreal, New York etc.. I really hope we get to visit Quebec City in the winter.. I've never been to Quebec. The furthest east I've been is Toronto.. my parents thought Winnipeg was a great vacation spot.. :rolleyes We have a lot of family there. :rolleyes

Welcome to Toronto Matt. Although I do complain about the winter weather like everyone else here, I do love the city.

Montreal and Quebec City are great places to visit . Don't forget to make a trip down to Nigara for the falls and wineries too

MissF are you a fellow Western alumni?

Mmmm.. wineries! I am totally looking forward to this move. I was out last night at my usual hangout.. and you know.. people come up "hey, hows it goin?" I'm like "good, how are you?" "good. so whats up?" "oh, not much. I'm moving to Toronto at the beginning of August, you?" "YOU'RE WHAT?!?!!?"

I prefer Toronto to Vancouver, having lived in both cities. You can claim your moving expenses on your tax return so save any plane receipts etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast