+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are You a Child of the 80s?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I remember watching countless hours of MTV.

Video Killed the Radio Star.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh!!! VH1 had the BEST marathon running yesterday and I missed most of it!

It was called "I love the 80's" and it had an hour devoted to each year of that spectacular decade! They had actors, comedians, writers, etc.... commenting on songs in each year, tv shows, movies, trends (like hair crimping, acid washed jeans, etc..).

I didn't run across it until the middle of 1986 where they were discussing "Top Gun".

'87 was okay, but during first half of '88 I lost interest as by that time in real life I was 18 and the things they started talking about just weren't as funny for that age group (ie: Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles )

I would have LOVED 80-85. I'll put it on my Tivo watch and if they replay it I'll let you know. I was lmao at the Top Gun ones.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The Rubik's Cube one cracks me up because I actually took a class to figure out how to solve the Cube!

Freakin' dumbass geek.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I had the rubiks cube in every size.

Sher and I went to a restaraunt once and the waiter asked if I was visited by the aquanet fairy because my hair was soooo big....especially the bangs!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I remember the intrigue around the old middle school when Mr. Custer threw some guy's Rubik's Cube against the wall for playing with it in class. Turns out they shatter into pieces when they hit brick.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Most of the time they snap badk together though. I would pop mine apart and snap it back together to solve it. I know, that is cheating.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

So is pulling off the stickers, which some kids did. No, this one definitely did not snap back together. It would've needed some Super Glue intervention first.

I never did pull off the stickers. That would just be silly!

LG.
    Friendship pins, with a bunch of beads on a safety pin? Anyone, Anyone, was that just a rural phemenon? Used to rubic's cube on the school bus on my way home from school, the only times I solved more than one or two sides at a time were a real fluke. Cool thread!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

We had friendship pins down here too LG...yet another thing I still have a few of, I kept my favorite ones from when I was a kid. We had em on our purses/shirts/shoes anyplace you had room for them.

BF...I thought the beginning of the I Love the 80's marathon was the very best...by 1988 I had pretty much seen all of what I deemed to be the "good" stuff. Actually 82-86 were the very best episodes IMO....especially 83-84. I was 3 hours late to a party I was supposed to go to yesterday cause I ended up here glued to the tube watching, but it was just too much fun to leave!!

+ Reply to Thread