+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are You a Child of the 80s?

Rat tails were/are gross. Also, men with bangs. And flock of seagulls. And fingerless gloves!! Bletch.

Yeah, I had big giant hair too. It was sooo poofy, it could have doubled as a pillow. The saddest part is that it wasn't nearly as big as a lot of the girls I went to school with (remember, I live in Texas ~ land of Big Hair & Big Boobs).
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    ...And I ran, I ran so far away (I loved FOS!)

My hair was big all over. Which is so weird because it's so flat now!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

This is a funny thread.
    I never went in for the big hair myself, but most of my friends did.
    When I was in High school in England the trend for boys was to have a perm in the back of their hair but straight hair with a big flicked fringe at the front. (fringe = bangs)
    "That's Numberwang!"

Okay, I had a tail for a while. Shoot me now. I also went through a phase where I wore black leather gauntlets, and at one point I had a little bandanna fetish. Auuuugh!

I can remember going to Wales on a school trip (that was the grimmest week of my life).
    This boy Kevin fell asleep on the coach and one of the other boys cut off his long rat tail and draped it over his shoulder.
    He woke up an hour or so later and sat with the tail there blissfully unaware until we arrived and he got up to get off the bus and the tail fell on the floor.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by John
    Okay, I had a tail for a while. Shoot me now. I also went through a phase where I wore black leather gauntlets, and at one point I had a little bandanna fetish. Auuuugh!

Uh John, at 6'7" didn't you think you stood out enough?

You probably looked super cool at the time though.

Yeah, back then I was super-skinny, too. So I was already a freak. I'm sure the gauntlets didn't help, but I was in my "black" period back then. Angry with the world, and you never want to have an angry computer geek around

John- the bandana was not nearly as bad as the rat tail. ALL the little boys at my elementary school had rat tails. UGH.

SUre, I was young in the 80's, but I remember "Where's the Beef", rotary phones, the jelly trends, leg warmers, and big hair. You know, some of those things were too scary to forget.

John ~ did you wear your bandanas around your pant legs or around your neck? When I was in Jr. High, it was really popular to wear them around your pants leg, as many as you could, from the top of the thigh to just above the knee, one leg only, not both, b/c that wouldn't have been, um, ya know, cool.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread