+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Past New Year's resolutions- share them!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Past New Year's resolutions- share them!

Share some of your past resolutions!

Successes, Failures, Wacky/unique ones
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The wackiest one I ever did was also a success.

In 1995 and 1997 I went the entire year without a single potato chip. (who knows where I came up with that one )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

That's funny, BF! I've never really had any wacky resolutions.

I can't really think of any unusual or funny resolutions I've made. The one I seem to make every year is to clean up my potty mouth. I'll do good for a couple of months & then one day, something will just really piss me off & I'll let the expletives fly & then it's over & I'm back to using four letter words on a daily basis.
    Another one that I've made in the past was to cook more often, which never happened. But lately I have started to cook quite a bit (gee, it only took 10 years of marriage!). I don't know why, but over the past month or so, I have started to *want* to cook. Weird (for me anyway!)
    Anway, my New Year's Resolution AGAIN will be to cut back on my use of foul language. I know that's so boring, but there's really not much that I don't like about myself ~ I don't mean that to sound arrogant, I just mean that I'm pretty comfortable with who I am.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Recently I had a NY res to only watch reality shows produced by Mark Burnett or Jerry Bruckheimer

That's a little unique (and usually good advice )

Let's see. Quit smoking, gain 20 lbs (this was when I weighed 80 lbs and I was full grown), lose weight, stalk Joe Sakic, whatever. Nothing unusual here.

Ducky, any successes on the Joe Sakic one?

Hmmm, I don't really make them.
    I did resolve not to eat Pringles four years ago as they give me headaches and I haven't caved in since.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmmm, I wonder why? Fluff, do you eat any other type of potato chip?

I was always skeptical of that can!

The Sakic one is coming along OK, I'm currently being held up by the restraining order though Bravo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast