+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your home town famous for?

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Glad I started this thread, some fascinating facts.

Clipse, I've family in BC and we were talking about "Surrey Sluts" recently, so Surrey's fame has certainly travelled.
    I've actually heard over the years from people all over the word that they have heard of the Surrey Sluts. I think that's shocking.. and funny..

"Surrey Sluts" are probably the Canadian equivalent of "Essex girls" in the UK. Call someone an "Essex girl" and it's the ultimate insult.

Quote Originally Posted by KJC 13
    Charlevoix, Michigan

Home of the World's Largest Cherry Pie - no kidding. don't know if we still hold the record, but in the mid 70's we did (there something to be proud of huh?)

The Castle - which use to put on lots of great concerts.

Now Home to John-Benet Ramsey's parents.

Also know as Charlevoix the Beautiful (it really is!)

And a terrific place to grow up!

KJC... I'm making my first trip ever to Charlevoix in a couple of weeks. I have two weeks off from work and I'm making a trip up and down the West Coast of Michigan to see places I haven't been to in 15-20 years. I'm starting at Mackinac Island, then Petoskey and Charlevoix.. Traverse City... then on down the coast to South Haven and Saugatuck. I might actually take a ferry ride over to Wisconsin, drive to Chicago and then head back.

Broadway you are going to love Charlevoix. Me and a bunch of friends go up there at least once a year for a 3-4 days. It really is gorgeous.

LOL at Surrey Sluts. I'm originally from Vancouver and they were called that as far back as I can remember!
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    KJC... I'm making my first trip ever to Charlevoix in a couple of weeks. I have two weeks off from work and I'm making a trip up and down the West Coast of Michigan to see places I haven't been to in 15-20 years. I'm starting at Mackinac Island, then Petoskey and Charlevoix.. Traverse City... then on down the coast to South Haven and Saugatuck. I might actually take a ferry ride over to Wisconsin, drive to Chicago and then head back.
    I may pass you. We are making the same trip, opposite direction. We went last year but stayed on the x-way. Not this time. I want to see some wineries and other things.
    I forgot to mention in my post that we are also the home of the Memphis Belle. It is now being restored and will go on permanent display, we hope, somewhere in Memphis.
    Last edited by Muduh; 06-25-2004 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I think you'll like it, if you like water and beaches, its a nice little town. I wouldn't live anywhere else. I heard they have a new ferry out of Muskegon now too, a friend of ours took the new ferry and said it was great!

Hey Unklescott,

Where'd ya get that cute little smiley?

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    World's largest airport
    World's longest bridge
    Most dense area to live in
    The fact that there are there are almost no houses here
    Very organised transportation systems here
    Ocean Park
    Food
    Multicultral enviroment
    Chinese Movie stars such as Jackie Chan, Chow Yun Fat, Michael Wong etc
    Michelle Yeoh
    World's tallest bottling factory (Coca Cola bottling plant)
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Scarlett pretty much covered Jacksonville, Florida. Oh, they also filmed that movie Basic here (at the base...) with John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson. I think there was some boot camp TV show filmed at Camp Blanding too. I learned something too. I didn't know that they filmed the Devil's Advocate here.

+ Reply to Thread