+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 278

Thread: What's your home town famous for?

  1. #241
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2740449;
    You left off a biggie--*I* was born there Thank goodness Mom and Dad had the good sense to eventually move to Columbus, Ohio before my gentle Buckeye psyche was permanently scarred
    Could be worse, you could have stayed here and turned out to be a Wolverine fan. Or you could have turned out to be a contributing, decent member of society and been a Spartan like myself.

  2. #242
    FORT Fan Shaybo II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Rich people and the Flagler Museum

  3. #243
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2740452;
    ...been a Spartan like myself.
    That's okay pumpkin, we still love you.

  4. #244
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    I have three siblings who are Spartans. They're very . . . special.

  5. #245
    all hot air Ana Bannana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the palm of the mitten
    Posts
    4,530

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2740369;
    My current home town of Grand Rapids, MI:

    It's the second largest city in MI and used to be the furniture capitol of the US.
    It's home to Meijer (the grocery store chain) and Amway/Alticor Corp (anyone up for a nice pyramid scheme?)
    The premier of the movie "The Polar Express" was held here because the author is from here.
    It has one of the largest historic urban districts (Heritage Hills), the houses are just gorgeous around here.
    Gerald R. Ford was from here and he is actually buried at his museum downtown.

    Some other notables:
    Gillian Anderson (X-Files)
    DeBarge
    Anthony Keidis (Red Hot Chili Peppers)- Last year I took an LSAT class from his brother-in law
    Andy Richter
    Al Green
    This past November, I had the pleasure of spending 4 days in Grand Rapids at a conference. What a fun town - and most of the people were really friendly! I stayed at the Amway Grand, dined at the eatery at the very top of the hotel, shopped downtown, ate at a little Irish pub, went to the science museum and spent a fair amount of time at the Gerald R. Ford museum. It was a wonderful visit and one I hope to repeat.

  6. #246
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2740721;
    This past November, I had the pleasure of spending 4 days in Grand Rapids at a conference. What a fun town - and most of the people were really friendly! I stayed at the Amway Grand, dined at the eatery at the very top of the hotel, shopped downtown, ate at a little Irish pub, went to the science museum and spent a fair amount of time at the Gerald R. Ford museum. It was a wonderful visit and one I hope to repeat.
    I really like it here, I've lived on this side of the state for over 5 years now. Recently I just moved right downtown to be close to school and it's been very enjoyable. The Black Rose (the Irish Pub) is half block away from my school and very good. I still haven't made it to the Gerald R. Ford museum but I plan to soon.

  7. #247
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LA (Lower Alabama)-FL
    Posts
    124

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    My home town is also hometown to Emitt Smith ( gators & Dallas Football), Roy Jones Jr (boxer),Derrick Brooks (Tampa football) and Jusitn Gatlin (runner). So we are famous for producing athletes,
    I guess

  8. #248
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2740738;
    I really like it here, I've lived on this side of the state for over 5 years now. Recently I just moved right downtown to be close to school and it's been very enjoyable. The Black Rose (the Irish Pub) is half block away from my school and very good. I still haven't made it to the Gerald R. Ford museum but I plan to soon.
    i lived in GR for a couple of years in high school ... went to central high, right up the road from you. but that was back in '79-80.

  9. #249
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2740764;
    i lived in GR for a couple of years in high school ... went to central high, right up the road from you. but that was back in '79-80.
    It's actually about half a block from me. I know exactly where it's at. Small world.

  10. #250
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: What's your home town famous for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2740539;
    Rich people and the Flagler Museum
    I was going to say that Mama Rose Kennedy used to live there, but that kind of falls under rich people.

    Quote Originally Posted by daffylouie;2740753;
    My home town is also hometown to Emitt Smith ( gators & Dallas Football), Roy Jones Jr (boxer),Derrick Brooks (Tampa football) and Jusitn Gatlin (runner). So we are famous for producing athletes,
    I guess
    LOVE Emmitt and Derrick Brooks. Brooks does a LOT of great charity work.

    Don't forget that Pensacola is also home to the Naval Air station-the cradle of Naval aviation, the Blue Angels and the Naval Air museum.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-03-2008 at 09:58 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.