+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: What's your home town famous for?

MRD

Re: What's your home town famous for?

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2737789;
    Oh my goodness, I remember those "old" beers-PabstBlueRibbon was our beer of choice-cheap and 3.2 ......
    PBR is still the beer of choice here in good ole' SC. We went to a kind of funky, hip pizza place several months ago. They had microbrews and all kinds of cool stuff. But the "house" beer was PBR. I had to chuckle.

I used to buy Black Label in college because it was 99 cents a 6 pack. It was like skunk pee. but it was in my price range.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737833;
    PBR is still the beer of choice here in good ole' SC. We went to a kind of funky, hip pizza place several months ago. They had microbrews and all kinds of cool stuff. But the "house" beer was PBR. I had to chuckle.

I used to buy Black Label in college because it was 99 cents a 6 pack. It was like skunk pee. but it was in my price range.

YEECK! I remember Black Label.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2737835;
    YEECK! I remember Black Label.
    Not a good memory is it?

We ONLY drank it because we couldn't afford the $3.50 for a 6 pack of Bud or Mich Lite.

And we used to PRAY that Domino's would take longer than 30 min. because that meant the Pizza was free and we could buy more beer.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737838;
    Not a good memory is it?

We ONLY drank it because we couldn't afford the $3.50 for a 6 pack of Bud or Mich Lite.

And we used to PRAY that Domino's would take longer than 30 min. because that meant the Pizza was free and we could buy more beer.
    Yes! and during the mid 70's when wine was cool and money was tight - I would also buy thoe big bottles of Boones farm strawberry hill or whatever and hope for a buzz before I emptied the bottle. UGGH.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2737858;
    Yes! and during the mid 70's when wine was cool and money was tight - I would also buy thoe big bottles of Boones farm strawberry hill or whatever and hope for a buzz before I emptied the bottle. UGGH.
    Or Annie Greensprings.

Weren't Laverne and Shirly from Milwaukee too?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2737819;
    Honestly, I couldn't be paid to go up there. I get a wildly disorienting sense of vertigo just looking at it through my office window. And glass floor?
    It'll hold the weight of 14 fully grown hippos apparently, but I could still barely coax my friend onto it. She weighs all of about 130lbs, but thought the floor was going to give way
    She also didn't like the idea that the top part can bend up to three feet in strong winds. She kept asking if anyone else could feel it swaying
    She's not usually this wimpy. I think it was the combination of the oppressive heat in there (the heating seemed to be on full blast in the enclosed first observation area) and the masses of people just spooked her a little.
    She was actually better when we went to the higher Skypod because you can get fresh air there.

That's a great pic, AJane so clear.
    Not so clear in Toronto yesterday, but we still managed to get a few good pictures.

If you love moose, you really should go camping in northern Maine. They have moose like Toronto has racoons. And speaking of, I really think Toronto should be famous for its racoon population - there are days when I see more of them than I see people.
    I once lost a staring match to a racoon who was on my back garden wall contemplating going through our bins.
    I find them really quite adorable, but they sadly have very little road sense.

I just love moose. Sounds like Northern Maine would be heaven for me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737860;
    Or Annie Greensprings.

Weren't Laverne and Shirly from Milwaukee too?

UGH Annie Greensprings *shudders* Yes Laverne & Shirley were from Milwaukee Supposedly worked at "SHOTZ" brewery. I live a few blocks away from Knapp St. too. (Kanapp St.)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

DAYUM...........a glass floor???? How freaky would that be!!!

And gabriel I can remember Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill....I also remember partaking in Mad Dog 20/20.........like mrd said, cheap was always the way to go! I can remember going to clubs and when they had free drinks from 7-9, I would stand at the bar and drink 2 at a time! Once 9:00 rolled around, I would buy one beer and nurse it for the rest of the night.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2737826;
    The Calgary Tower also has a glass floor. I went on it, my 4-year-old eventually inched her way onto it, and my 8-year-old was dancing on it. My husband couldn't be talked onto it, though. This is the picture I took when I was on it (it's not as high as the CN Tower, mind you):

I really had to laugh when I saw your photo because it reminded me of a Derek Edwards line (the funniest man on the planet). He was talking about the Calgary Tower and how, on a clear day, you could see...into that guy's office.

I'm completely in accord with your husband, though, and your friend, Fluff. No way, nuh uh, not gonna do it - not getting on that floor.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2737826;
    The Calgary Tower also has a glass floor. I went on it, my 4-year-old eventually inched her way onto it, and my 8-year-old was dancing on it. My husband couldn't be talked onto it, though. This is the picture I took when I was on it (it's not as high as the CN Tower, mind you):

You're not getting me in there uh uh no way no how.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread