+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: What's your home town famous for?

Re: What's your home town famous for?

I live in Santa Clara, CA which is part of the San Francisco Bay Area. Here in SC we have an amusement park called California's Great America. Also I live right by Silicon Valley. It's the home of many companies like eBay and Yahoo!. I actually drive by the latter often.

Then there's the San Francisco 49ers who say that they'll be moving from SF to here in Santa Clara.

Lastly, Santa Clara is a suburb of San Jose, CA which is the 10th most populated city in the US.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2737504;
    I live in Santa Clara, CA which is part of the San Francisco Bay Area. Here in SC we have an amusement park called California's Great America. Also I live right by Silicon Valley. It's the home of many companies like eBay and Yahoo!. I actually drive by the latter often.

Then there's the San Francisco 49ers who say that they'll be moving from SF to here in Santa Clara.

Lastly, Santa Clara is a suburb of San Jose, CA which is the 10th most populated city in the US.
    I don't think I could drive by Yahoo without having to yell out YA HOO!!! Like their old commercials.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737507;
    I don't think I could drive by Yahoo without having to yell out YA HOO!!! Like their old commercials.
    Haha, I actually do that.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2737508;
    Haha, I actually do that.

Glad to know I wouldn't be the only one. You're probably not either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737501;
    I think a lot of us find those stories fascinating. I just wonder what wiring has gone wrong in the brain to produce that kind of individual.

Gabriel, dont forget, your hometown also has the "beer that made Milwaukee famous"-Schlitz
    And Pabst, but Miller is the sole survivor and Pabst and Schlitz always gave me a headache after the first couple sips, maybe thats why I did not include them.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh my goodness, I remember those "old" beers-PabstBlueRibbon was our beer of choice-cheap and 3.2 ......

My hometown (Toronto) is famous for the CN Tower (the second tallest free-standing structure in the world), for being clean and polite (mentioned by nearly everyone who comes here), and for being the most ethnically diverse city in the world (49% of the population were born outside Canada). All things I like about it. Well, except the Tower. I really couldn't care less about that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

We have some friends visiting from the UK and took them up the CN Tower yesterday.
    It was bedlam.
    One of them nearly fainted when she stood on the glass floor and looked down.

High point of my day was my husband buying me a Magnus the Moose in the overpriced gift shop, because I do love all things moose.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2737816;
    We have some friends visiting from the UK and took them up the CN Tower yesterday.
    It was bedlam.
    One of them nearly fainted when she stood on the glass floor and looked down.
    Honestly, I couldn't be paid to go up there. I get a wildly disorienting sense of vertigo just looking at it through my office window. And glass floor?

High point of my day was my husband buying me a Magnus the Moose in the overpriced gift shop, because I do love all things moose.
    If you love moose, you really should go camping in northern Maine. They have moose like Toronto has racoons. And speaking of, I really think Toronto should be famous for its racoon population - there are days when I see more of them than I see people.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The Calgary Tower also has a glass floor. I went on it, my 4-year-old eventually inched her way onto it, and my 8-year-old was dancing on it. My husband couldn't be talked onto it, though. This is the picture I took when I was on it (it's not as high as the CN Tower, mind you):

All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread