+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Falling Down

FORT Fogey

Falling Down

My mom and I were discussing people who are klutzes.. and my mom happens to be a very good one.. she has millions of hilarious 'fall down' stories..

I think we all do!

If you have a good one post it here..
    The snow and ice were an inspiration for me!

I have one my neighbor told me the other day that he still remembered.

He moved in behind me about 6 years ago or so, in the middle of winter. I was doing a little cross-country skiing in the backyard, and he came out his back door to say "hi". So, we're standing there talking, and all of a sudden, for some reason I don't know, I lost my balance on my skis, and fell into the snow. He still laughs about it to this day.

Princess
    The only thing I can think about right of the top of my head, is that I tend to walk in to things at home - like corners of tables, counters, etc, so I always have at least one bruise on my legs all the time!

We have these globe lights in all of the bedrooms, that hang down from the ceiling in the center of the room. They hang down to about 6'5" from the floor, and I'm 6'7". We've never bothered to raise them. So, of course, almost every day I bang my head into them at least once. Luckily, they just hang, so they give a little

Unlike the globe light I shattered in Florida when I hit it the same way. That was fun.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ouch- We have pot lighting in a lot of our house( flush with ceiling)- might be a good idea.
    My klutz moments have come most recently . I have trouble keeping a grip on stuff, and have smashed heritage crystal, full bottles of wine, dropped chili. I am now very careful what and How I pick things up.

When there was a film of ice on everything , our dog did the run in one place trick which was quite funny.

MenInUniform
    These things happened years ago when I was in high school.

My high school has 3 floors. One time when I was going to the 2nd floor the guy I was crazy about since the 8th grade was walking up behind me and I decided to "act cool" and run up the steps. Well, unfortunately, I tripped on one of the steps and fell right in front of him. Luckily he didn't laugh in my face. (he knew I was "in love" with him since jr. high)

Another time my friends and I were going up to the 3rd floor. It was before school started and all the kids walked the halls before 1st hour. I was just about at the top of the steps when some kid fell next to me. I just looked and him and kept walking. (geez, how insensitive of me. I should have stopped and helped him up but anyway) While my friend and I were walking the hall on the 3rd floor I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned and it was the kid. What he said to me was just too funny and I'll never forget it. He said, "I was fallin' for ya." then he went on his way. LOL

As for walking into things. LOL Everytime I accidentally run into a giant printer at work or a cubical wall I look at it and say, "excuse me but I was walking there 1st"

dar

Princess
    As for walking into things. LOL Everytime I accidentally run into a giant printer at work or a cubical wall I look at it and say, "excuse me but I was walking there 1st"
    Hmmm... does that make the bruises go away?

I was just reminded of something else today. It's not exactly being a klutz, but it's kind of related.... We had a power outage here, lasting for 8 1/2 hours! My first thought when the power went out was - ok, no problem, I need to cook some lunch! I remember doing that before - when the water has been out for example, I've been thinking - allright, I can't make tea, I'll take a shower first instead then!

Hmmm, I don't fall down too often, but I did fall on ice a couple of years ago and broke my wrist.
    Not much fun in the middle of winter when you have a four year old and month old twins.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't have any falling down stories, but I always think it's so funny when you see someone trip & they always look back to see what made them trip (which is usually nothing, they just took a misstep) & then they look around to see if anyone saw them. And then I point & laugh at them & ask them what their next trick is. (No, I really don't, I'm not THAT mean!)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I had to revive this thread because of last night.

Our neighbor has bought a go-kart. Damn kid. And he and his friends don't know how to stay off my frickin' property (some of you know, I'm kind of a stickler about this).

So, I was throwing some garbage away after dinner last night, which is in the utility room, and I was looking out the window in the door while doing that. I turned around, and full-on smacked my forehead into the door jamb. I mean HARD. My teeth clacked and everything.

So now today, I've got a nice bump over my left eye, and my whole foredhead's sore. And it's all because that stupid kid bought a go-kart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast