+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plans for 4th of July?

Small town I grew up in about 1/2 hour from where I live now has an amazing fireworks show (its a small town but has a fireworks company that has done huge shows elsewhere, like for Miss America, many huge rock concerts, and so on) The crowds top out at about 1,000 people, but UNBELIEVABLE displays. I love bringing a blanket and some "snacks" and laying on the ground, looking straight up at the sky and feeling the rumble...
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

In Canada we celebrate our 'independance' July 1st. I will be on the road, possibly in a hotel room, possibly around the Thunder Bay area. If we are near TB we'll find out where the show is and crash the party
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Being in Canada, we're going to a friend's barbecue on Canada Day and we'll watch the fireworks from there.

I would love to be in the States for July 4th, it's my son's 1st birthday. Fireworks would be cool for that but I don't think that'll happen this year.

We're going camping with my in-laws.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Scarlett and I will be spending it on Lake Superior's North Shore and then with my family.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

We go sit on the hill by the levee that borders the water. It's really close to our house and not too crowded. We have an unobstructed view of the fireworks from San Francisco, Oakland, and numerous other cities all at once. It is really spectacular and it's free! So many of the firework shows around here are just packed.

We spend the day with a few family member and have a BBQ, hit some golf balls at the range, play with the kids. Real low key.

Feed the picnic folk....that's my big plans. :rolleyes As usual I'll work the holiday cause it's normally a good week for us sales wise. Then who knows, if any of my friends have a get together I'll go crash that, otherwise just hang out at home after work and go stand on the corner to watch the fireworks.

Our fireworks shows here are totally insane as well, the one that's close to me had 150,000 plus people at it last year, so I stay well clear of that! (for anybody that watched the Newlyweds show where Jessica was singing at a 4th of July celebration, that is the one just up the road from me, and it's always insanely crowded) I'm fortunate to live less than a mile from our biggest show in town and if you just walk up to the end of the road you can see everything just fine and not have to get into all the mess.

Libra, I feel for you. I once worked July 4 in a grocery store. I had people mad at me because I couldn't sell them beer before noon (it was a Sunday, in a state with blue laws).
    I love fireworks but hate the jostle to see them. I've gotten to the point I'll watch fireworks from the highway median; in my hometown it was really the best vantage point, plus a quick escape.
    But I haven't figured out yet what I'm doing this year. Once I was in London for the 4th, and we ate in some steakhouse with a Texan theme, got drunk and annoyingly sang every song we could think of that had "America" or "US" in the lyrics in the tube.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

It's on a Sunday this year as well, Lucy-Lou...but you've moved up career wise

Libs, I feel for you, honey!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Like Libs, I'll be feeding the masses that day. We are busy for breakfast and then pray for rain so we stay busy.
    We have a fireworks display here in Columbus (Red, White, & Boom) http://www.nbc4columbus.com/redwhite...93/detail.html that is one of the tops in the country. They draw about 500,000 downtown for this event every year. It's crazy. I've been a couple of times in my younger years. One time...never mind PG-13.
    My restaurant is open 24 hours and we get killed after this event. It's usually on the 3rd so all the local communities can still do their thing. This year it's on the 2nd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast