+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! I spilled soy latte on my laptop!

I'd love to offer suggestions, but every time I try to type something, I just think "soy latte" and vomit a little in the back of my mouth.

phat's got the best suggestion: bring it to your local computer guys, and let them tell you how bad the damage is. A spill is something that's hard to diagnose over the internet.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh man, GG.. I feel your pain. I fried my laptop about one year ago when I spilled an entire coke onto the keyboard. I took it in to a computer fix it shop, and he said the motha board was fried. I could either get it fixed ($950), or buy a brand new, fancy-smancy PC ($1,200). INeedless to say, no longer have a laptop, and I've already ruined three keyboards since then (but they're only like $20 to replace)

FORT Fogey
    I hope that everything works out ok for you GG.
    Last edited by dfleming2; 06-20-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Oh man, GG.. I feel your pain. I fried my laptop about one year ago when I spilled an entire coke onto the keyboard. I took it in to a computer fix it shop, and he said the motha board was fried. I could either get it fixed ($950), or buy a brand new, fancy-smancy PC ($1,200). INeedless to say, no longer have a laptop, and I've already ruined three keyboards since then (but they're only like $20 to replace)

Jewels, I gotta love ya. You never shared the "coke" story. I remember the eggnog debacle.

I spilled an entire diet coke on my keyboard when my (this very) laptop was about two weeks old. About all that happened was the keys got stuck, so I used the on-screen keyboard for a couple of days, and then Q-tipped the keyboard. (I had no idea these things came apart!)

I'm sure if we all cut carbs out of our diets this wouldn't happen.

Good luck - GG!

No More Spilled Drinks!

I can solve your problems for those of you who keep spilling your drinks.

You can even get one with your college logo!

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    I spilled water on my keyboard multiple times. Just turn it upside down, wipe it with paper towels and let it dry a bit. Volia!
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I feel for you GG . I posted in the other thread about the durability of my Dell laptop to stand up to my son spilling my full coffee (double double) on my laptop. I just laid it out flat upside down right away on a towel . It drained out and worked ok. I always use baby wipes to clean up sticky keys / mouses .
    Don't know what they put in those things , but still I use them all over the house many years after there were any diapers in the house.

Thanks ya'll...and eny, your story makes me feel better. The keyboard on this laptop pops right after you loosen a couple screws. It's been doused in warm and cold water and is upside drying as we speak.

Per the link someone posted about, I'm not going to even try to turn on my laptop again for 72 hours. I have my work laptop and that'll do for the next couple days.

Cross your fingers and I'll keep ya'll posted!

Weeeeeeeeee...if anyone cares, my laptop recovered from the soy latte incident!! I waited the requisite 72 hours, put it back together and VOILA!!

Thanks to everyone who gave my advice...it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    Weeeeeeeeee...if anyone cares, my laptop recovered from the soy latte incident!! I waited the requisite 72 hours, put it back together and VOILA!!

Thanks to everyone who gave my advice...it worked!
    WooHoo! Glad it all worked out GrammerGoddess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast