+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Life Get Better?

Does Life Get Better?

This is a question to all the adults in the FORT. Since I'm getting ready to start a life of my own in a couple of weeks(I'm to going the Navy; I leave for bootcamp July 14) I want to know does Life get any better after high school? And if it does, how much? I plan to lead a very adventurous and successful life. Right now, I'm just relaxing as much as I can until it's time for me to leave. There's a whole list of things I want to do in life including of course, being on a reality show. But, that's a whole different topic. So, I just want to know what is it like out there in the "REAL WORLD"?
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Lamonte, High School is a trial by fire. I'm sure everyone has a different experience, but High School was so oppressive and limiting to me. You don't really know who you are and what you have to contribute to the world until you get out there on your own. You'll have a lot of fun and never look back, I'm sure.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

High school is to real life like riding a bike is to flying a jet. That is to say, almost nothing alike.

Good luck in boot camp!

Congrats on joining the Navy. Take advantage of all it has to offer and remember to do the "touristy" things in the countries you visit rather than drink it away at a back alley pub (speaking from experience )

Without being philosophical, your life will become what you make of it. Being on your own is exciting and you'll learn from any mistakes early on. If you plan to lead an adventerous life outside the Navy, then set some basic goals on how you plan to achieve them. Don't sit by and say, "I'll figure it out next week". By then, you'll be a slave to a job you dislike. Grab your dreams by the horns and go get em!

Oh yeah, life after H.S. has it's ups and downs. Just depends on how choose to deal with them.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Being "adult" means that you have to answer for what you're doing now.. you have to "own up" to your decisions. Just make sure you do your best and always remember that you're making your choices now, think them through and do the best you can!

Good luck in boot camp!

Ohh..and the "I'm hoping to be on a reality show" wish will probably be nothing but a vague memory to you once things start rolling for ya.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Congrats on joining the navy from me also.

Life gets better all the time. Just remember who your friends are, take responsibility for your own actions, and everything else will flow naturally.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Without being philosophical, your life will become what you make of it.

Oh yeah, life after H.S. has it's ups and downs. Just depends on how choose to deal with them.
    Speedbump, you are so right. Life does become what you make of it.

I think the person you are in H.S. and the person you become later in life are so different. You experience so many people, things, adventures, and situations that will shape you over the years. Take what each day brings you, learn from it, and move forward.

lamonte, I wish you so much luck on your upcoming experiences. It sounds as though you have made the decision to lead an adventurous and successful life. Now all you have to do is go after it! We look forward to hearing back from you down the road and hearing how things are going.

Thanks everyone!! You guys just gave me even more confidence in my ability to be able to handle what's ahead. I know it's not going to be easy at times, but I have total confidence in myself and my abilities and I know I'll be a great success. What comes will come, and I'll just have to face it does. I will definitely visit the FORT in the future. People like you guys are the reason I love this place so much!!
    Oh, and Boot Camp will be an eight week walk in the park!!(I hope). The only thing I'm really worried about is Chicago heat and humidity in the middle of summer. Thank's again All.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Lamonte, I'm 38 and if I had to choose an age to be forever, it sure wouldn't be in my teens or twenties. That's because it does get better, so much better. At least, it did for me, and I think it ought to. Maturity, experience, and wisdom are great things to come. I suspect that I will continue to grow and learn. Even now, I see things just getting better ahead. High school is just the jumping off point. The people who look back at high school as the highlight of their lives are the ones who never jumped.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    High school is just the jumping off point. The people who look back at high school as the highlight of their lives are the ones who never jumped.
    MP, that is an incredibly wise and insightful thing to say.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast