+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Life Get Better?

Lamonte, I'm in my forties and life is great! I echo what MalibuPam and so many others have said. Even college was just an experience in "learning how to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    High school is just the jumping off point. The people who look back at high school as the highlight of their lives are the ones who never jumped.
    Pam, this was so insightful. Do you mind if quote you in my sig?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    Pam, this was so insightful. Do you mind if quote you in my sig?
    my pleasure

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That is a great line !

As crazy as it sounds to a young person ,five years after high school you will barely remember it. That probably is cut in half if you are joining the navy.
    Good luck

I'm having a great time in my 30s; I think it's where most of us come into our own. As much fun as I had in high school, I didn't love it enough to want to revisit it in a reunion. Thanks Lamonte, for enlisting and giving your time to our country!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Does life get better? Are you kidding me, it couldn't possibly get worse than high school!

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Lamonte, I'm 38 and if I had to choose an age to be forever, it sure wouldn't be in my teens or twenties. That's because it does get better, so much better. At least, it did for me, and I think it ought to. Maturity, experience, and wisdom are great things to come. I suspect that I will continue to grow and learn. Even now, I see things just getting better ahead. High school is just the jumping off point. The people who look back at high school as the highlight of their lives are the ones who never jumped.
    MalibuPam.
    Very eloquently stated.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Enjoy today for someday you'll be looking back reminiscing about the days when it was all about school, play, and sleep. God, I miss those days.

Malibu Pam, those were my thoughts exactly! I wasn't going to word them quite that well though. I always feel sorry for the people who say High school was the best time of there lives. How very sad that is. Unfortunately, there are people who feel that way.

My brother turned 40 a couple years ago, and my 62 year old mother wrote him a letter including all the things that have happened in her life since she turned 40. It was an incredible letter, and even though I knew great things were still going to happen in my life, I had no idea of the real possibilities.

Life gets better every day
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I'm having a great time in my 30s; I think it's where most of us come into our own. As much fun as I had in high school, I didn't love it enough to want to revisit it in a reunion. Thanks Lamonte, for enlisting and giving your time to our country!
    No, Thank You. It feels great to hear that coming from a fellow American, I will serve my country proudly!!
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Does life get better? Are you kidding me, it couldn't possibly get worse than high school!
    Well that sums up what I was going to say.

Life in high school is so limited. Even during my worst times as an adult, I would never go back to high school. As an adult I'm a great deal more free to make my own choices and do my own thing and be with people that I want to be with.

Good luck with the Navy and boot camp.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast