+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: REAL PET..peeves?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Poor, poor Waypast

FORT Fogey
    Hey, maybe if QueenB's hungry snake slithers its way over to your place...the situation just may take care of itself.

Nah, never mind...that wouldnt work, then you'd have to buy a mongose to get rid of the snake and then you'd have to buy a...

"I know an old lady who swallowed a fly..."

Yea, you should watch out. A friend of mine gave me two hampsters that were "sisters".
    That is, until they had SEVEN babies.
    And then, before I knew which babies were male and which were female, the babies were having babies.
    I think I have curbed the problem now with many seperate cages for each hampster, but you might want to seperate yours now anyways.
    Hampsters are not friendly with other hampsters and will kill each other as adults when left in the same cage.

I have a "REAL Pet Peeve" My last dog died about 4 years ago and my parents each want a different dog and I want a different dog too. My mom wants a small dog, my dad wants a husky and I want the coolest dog...a bulldog. My brother could care less either way. We have been having this argument for 3 years and no one has budged, my dad says a bulldog looks like it was dropped off a skyscraper and landed face first, I told my mom I don't want a dog that I could boot further than a football. I do love huskies though so I can't say anything there, but would rather have a bulldog.

Keep your eyes on the kiddies with them, Waypast. My daughter decided her hampster needed a bath when I was in the shower.....she flushed him.

My ex bought me two finches for Christmas one year...I hated them and never wanted one. He said that I was looking at a parrot (gorgeous but that doesn't mean I want one) so he decided I wanted a bird.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I went through almost the same thing several years ago. My daughter's boyfriend gave her a couple of hamsters for her birthday, against my explicit orders to NOT give her anything that was alive. (She had a habit of bringing home any and every homeless animal she encountered.) Well, she did some research on the hamsters and ended up buying a couple more females and breeding them and selling the babies to the local pet stores. She had quite a little business going. She knew how to "sex" them, all about their care and feeding, when their heat cycles came and their gestation periods. Now, she was 16 or 17 at the time, and a very responsible teen too so that's different than your grandkids ages. We eventually had cages all over her room and the basement. But she ended up buying a female that turned out to have something called, "wet tail". I'm not exactly sure what it is but it's some disease that's fatal to hamsters and very contagious. So that was the end of that. I guess it turned out okay for me. I didn't have to take care of them or clean up after them, but I was still pretty mad at her boyfriend.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    But she ended up buying a female that turned out to have something called, "wet tail". I'm not exactly sure what it is but it's some disease that's fatal to hamsters and very contagious. So that was the end of that.
    "Wet tail" is diarrhea. Pretty discriptive name. They are so small that they dehydrate and die very fast.

By the way, if you are ever in the market to acquire a hamster and have a choice between a male or a female, in our experience the males are much less stinky. Those female hormones might be Chanel #5 to the males, but P-U !!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I have a "REAL Pet Peeve" My last dog died about 4 years ago and my parents each want a different dog and I want a different dog too. My mom wants a small dog, my dad wants a husky and I want the coolest dog...a bulldog. My brother could care less either way. We have been having this argument for 3 years and no one has budged, my dad says a bulldog looks like it was dropped off a skyscraper and landed face first, I told my mom I don't want a dog that I could boot further than a football. I do love huskies though so I can't say anything there, but would rather have a bulldog.

Clipse, I love English bulldogs. They are great dogs. Why not comprimise with your mom? French Bulldogs are small . They are great dogs. Boston Terrriers as well. They have English bulldogs in their family tree, but are small.
    Look at Lil Bit's av...thats a Boston. I have 2 of them..They are great!

Huskies are great dogs too
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I played with the snake a while, and put it back in the bag. So, the next morning we get up and, guess what? No snake; upon examination there was a small hole in the seam of the pillowcase that we missed. Searched the house, no luck. I'm not afraid of the snake, but I hope it can find its way back outside before it starves to death; this guy was 5 feet long , and if he dies in the house...p-u! I don't even want to think about it.
    queenb...if you find that snake, send him west. maybe he can scare off some of my raccoons!

Seriously, I hope you find him. I will tell you this. If there were a 5 foot snake slithering around my house, I would be checking into the Marriott around the corner!

Clipse, this is a Boston Terrier on my AV...they really are way cool. I've had a husky before and although I loved him, they do have tremendous energy and are not at all easy to train, so be sure your Dad knows he will have to spend three times the time with the dog if he gets the Husky.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast