+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Graduation

Graduation

Graduation something all seniors (like myself, can't wait to come)

How was your graduation day like? THe people, the decorations...everything?
    How memorable of an event was it?

In *ahem* 8 days I'll be an official June 2004 Graduate!

So discuss, about different Graduation experiences, I just can't wait!!!

My Graduation (like you know) was quite a big event. Was held at some UNiversities Auditorium. It was great 270 graduates, we had the balloons falling from the top, streamers, it was great. Overall an unforgetable event. Good Luck with yours

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    High school: I wasn't one of the "oh, I'll never see you again (blubber blubber)" types. I remained friends with my high school friends and I've never been to one reunion. I didn't like those people then, I'm sure I won't like them now. The speech - I don't remember, way tooo long and boring. My girls' high school graduations were much more fun with beach balls and even blow-up dolls - fog horns. Much better.

College: I went to a small private college - so graduation was rather quick. Boom bang, across the stage, get the diploma and outa there. Quick and easy.

What would I change? I wouldn't have gone to the high school ceremony if my mom hadn't insisted.

High School Graduation was nuts. The last day of actual classes where we learned something was stressful, cramming before exams. When we had exams, I was pretty relaxed just wanting it to be over. I nailed all of my final exams, getting B's on 2 and an A on another. I usually slacked off in high school and still got the honor roll. My English teacher hated me because I was such a smart ass. She marked me down on purpose. So the last day we had to go in and get our yearbooks and still attend classes for no rason, she didn't even look at me in the hallway and I walked up to her and said "wow, I can't believe its all over" and hugged her

The last hour of school I had a spare so hung out with a bunch of friends, got numbers. Signed the yearbooks, the usual. When I walked out for the last time though it hit me though. Was happy and sad at the same time, but when I got in my car and drove out it was great. I am still in touch with my good friends though. Lots of other good friends have moved all over the place already. Which is good for me, cause if I travel I can go to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Hong Kong, Taiwan...and have a free place to stay

I am such a sap. I bawled.

Our ceremony was gorgeous. We had a very formal ceremony, which I just love. Any occasion where I can wear formal attire makes me very happy. Anyway, we did the usual stuff, and then we handed out the awards. They had a teacher going through the seated grads and quietly tapped people on the shoulder if they needed to wait in the wings to be called for their award. At this point I was just expecting to watch the jocks and the brains get their awards.. and see who won what. I ended up getting a tap on my shoulder along with my friend Katie. We both walked up and we were a little surprised, but we also kind of had an idea of what we were going up for. She was the Editor and I was the Assistant Editor of our Yearbook, as well, she and I were both heavily into theatre. So she and I were like.. "hmm, I wonder which one of us is getting the top award and which one of us is getting the runner up award." Not that it really mattered. I actually don't remember which one I got now.. (I had to go look at the plaque, but it doesn't actually say top or runner up.) But anyway, I just remember being quite shocked, and very very grateful. I will forever remember when I won the award, the Vice Principal was speaking, but I knew that the only reason she was speaking, and not my theatre teacher or yearbook teacher sponsor was because, when I looked up to find them, they were both bawling their eyes out. It was a very surreal moment.

My mom afterward was shocked. For years, she was telling me and telling me to get involved in school things, but I was so hesitant. Then, finally in grade 12 I did, and my grade 12 year wound up being one of the greatest experiences of my life. You really only get out of it what you put in. I never really appreciated that, but now, 5 years later, I really do look back at grade 12 with very fond memories, and when I occasionally run into people I graduated with, not necessarily friends, I really am genuinely excited to see them, and I really am looking forward to my reunion.

Oh, and after grad.. I was tanked.

I went to a large private high school and we had a very formal ceremony in a church. We had a good sized graduation class of over 600 students. Because of the large class size and the space available in the church we were each allowed only 2 guests at the ceremony...I invited my mom and dad , as if I had a choice. The highlight of our ceremony was honoring a fellow student who was told years earlier that she would never survive long enough to graduate. Well, she made it and I think everyone cried when she received her diploma. Unfortunately, she did pass away shortly after starting college. The most exciting moment of the event was after the ceremony, when we lined up and walked out of the church. Hundreds of friends and family members were waiting, clapping and cheering so loud. It made the moment seem very special as we threw our caps in the air.

Oh, the parties afterward were so much fun. I still remember them fondly.

At my high school graduation I was just wanting to get the hell out of there, so I could go to Florida to celebrate. I wasn't friends with anyone in my senior class and I had completed my courses by January anyway, so I only went through the ceremony so my parents could watch. In college I got smart and skipped the whole thing.

****Congratulations to all this year's graduates!****
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Let's see my graduation was okay, we had about 300 in our graduating class and did the usual formal ceremony except at the end we had a slide show of pictures that had been taken from 9th - 12th grades. It was a lot of fun to watch that. I wasn't real emotional about it until they showed pictures of classmates who had died. We had one that committed suicide in 9th grade and one that was murdered in 11th grade, at that point we all were very emotional. As a matter of fact my 10 year reunion is coming next year.

I loved my graduation, I have pages of pictures in my photoalbum from the graduation day. Our graduation ceremony is filled with speeches and such formalities, but I do not remember the details of those. It was the people that mattered more. Everyone has to walk alone up to the stage to pick up the graduation certificate and awards/scholarships from the principal. One scholarship I received I was very surprised about, and everyone else knew about it, but the teachers had asked people to keep it a secret from me, and they most certainly succeeded. It was very sweet from them, I thought. After all is done at school the graduating class walks to the memorial WW II graveyard to lay a wreath by the memorial (and a speech of course), and to place flowers to each grave. This probably is the most emotional part because of the contrast between the joy of living and the memory of the soldiers (especially because my grandfather, who fought in WW II, died four weeks before my graduation). After that it is a big party at home where all relatives and friends gather. This means all relatives too, they can travel from far away. Graduations are a bit like weddings and funerals at home, one of those parties that get the family together. And the evening was night clubbing with the classmates. Oh, and I graduated together with my sister, it was a nice addition .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie625
    Let's see my graduation was okay, we had about 300 in our graduating class and did the usual formal ceremony except at the end we had a slide show of pictures that had been taken from 9th - 12th grades. It was a lot of fun to watch that. I wasn't real emotional about it until they showed pictures of classmates who had died. We had one that committed suicide in 9th grade and one that was murdered in 11th grade, at that point we all were very emotional. As a matter of fact my 10 year reunion is coming next year.
    We had someone commit suicide in my grade 11 class, at our ceremony there was a special award/scholarship handed out in his name. I will forever remember the day we heard he had died. Very very sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast