+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Graduation

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Blue.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Thanks UE

A little bit more to add about the actual ceremony.
    The Whole Tassle bit, really annoyed me. I mean it is somewhat symbolic, when you get the diploma to move the tassle from left to right. I mean what does it cost the school, to buy a few more? :rolleyes it's a very small graduating class you'd think they'd have 34 tassles (yeah, that's how small my graduating class was :rolleyes ).

Pictures, took loads of pictures. And I might post one or two Maybe the group shots! I was overly proud, it was funny, I wanted to be in all the pictures, I took pictures with people whom I didn't know, took pictures with all my teachers hahaha

We had a slide-show, with lots of candid pictures playing...with the song by Vitamin C "graduation". It was sooooooo emotional! but great! Unforgetable day, definitely.

After graduation, lunch with family, dinner with friends, skipped the clubbing though! Well just thought I'd add on a bit more

Congrats, blue!

Sure can't wait for mine....many years down the road, of course.
    Gustav Holst was right!

B-c:

Pictures . . . Y'GOTTA POST THE PICTURES! We're WAITIN' for 'em!

As for being overly proud . . .

Honey, when you graduate from HS, there IS no such thing as being OVERLY proud! This one's for YOU! Stick that chest out! Flash those pearly whites!

You've EARNED the right to do so!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Congrats to all high school and college grads!! Be proud of your accomplishments..and Best Wishes to you!

Post-Graduation....in reality...it's not all fun/party it's depressing

Yeah, Come to realize after graduation it's actually quite depressing. All My friends are leaving , and leaving over-sea's. And Flying back and forth is costly $$$, most of them won't fly back till next summer, and Who know's where I'll be by then.

Friends are leaving, today, tomorow. So Soon... last night, was like our last night as the big group, we were having loads of fun, but when the evening ended, and some were saying their real goodbyes, because we're leaving the next morning, it all became so true. AMazing how in all these years of high-school friendships formed, bonds were made. I know I know, it's not the end of the world...but really we're thousands of miles away, some will lose touch, some will change, and some will forget.

Yesterday, we all did something quite symbolic, we got these pendants, which when all togerhet forme one shape, we each have a part, with the engraving of my school's initials and " '04 " mark the year we graduated. It was small, yet symbolic.

We were all hanging out at our regular cafe area, and we all swore that in 10 years, we'll meet up here. And not wanting to sound pessimistic, but I doubt the likelyhood of that happening again.

It's depression, graduation...well post-graduation. PEople leaving... bah. I hate growing up!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Happy Graduation Everybody

pictures

Yes, because some people have asked I post three pictures. Group shots (hat tossing...etc) I still have yet to get those in. Here is three pictures.

First one, is my friend and I. THis was just everybody in the actually staff lounge, in the aircon, waiting to be called on. here everybody was just getting themselves ready.

Second picture, two of my friends, here they just got their diplomas as you can see, happy? yup! the guy on the left was the valedictorian!

Third, two other friends, the guy on the left, it's his 6th of high-school, he's finally done. so obviosuly very happy.

hmm pictures won't show up, and I can't attach them, because their too big. Oh well!

Ok, I managed to fix this, it should show up now.
    *refer to the above comments, for the explanation of each picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast