+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Graduation

I graduated just last year and the memories are still very fresh in my mind. We had this loooong ceremony with a lot of speeches.
    The first thing that happened was that the organizers miscalculated the number of chairs that was needed, so me, along with about 20 others had nowhere to sit for about 15-20 minutes.

We had a fancy dinner, a dance and then the after-party. I stayed at my best friend's house along with some close friends and we had a memorable time.
    I think that the thing I remember the most is before the actual graduation; finding the right dress with all the accessories!

Have a great day, blue!

I just finished 10th grade, so I can't share my graduation experience, but I went to this year's graduation, where I got as emotional as I knew I would. I was fine through the salutatorian's and valedictorian's speeches. I got a little teary during the commencement speech, but then one of the teacher's daughters sang this Faith Hill song (can't remember the name) and in the middle of it, all the seniors stood up, turned around, and waved to everyone. At that point, I completely lost it. A bunch of my friends were out there (the graduation was on the football field and we were in the stands) waving to me, and it just hit me how they were all leaving to go their seperate ways. Then, after the ceremony, at the reception, I went and talked to all of them and said goodbyes and I was a wreck there too. Then, on the ride home, I kept thinking about the goodbyes and everyone crying, and I couldn't compose myself. I can't imagine doing this again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    The first thing that happened was that the organizers miscalculated the number of chairs that was needed, so me, along with about 20 others had nowhere to sit for about 15-20 minutes.
    the ceremony organizer was telling us, that each graduate had an average of 3.5 guests :rolleyes so i'll bring 3.5 people in (Small school, tiny auditorium) Should be interesting, if people have to start sitting on the floor :rolleyes :rolleyes

115 hours and 14 minutes till graduation

Once graduation is done, my countdown will be over

B_c:

Yup. The parts of my graduation I touched on were a never-to-be-forgotten experience!

BTW, I think your countdown is GREAT! I'm counting with you! Keep it up!

I mean, after all, you only graduate from HS ONE time! Make the most of it in every way possible!

I'm looking forward to reading your Graduation Night recap!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ness, thanks!

Umm 101 hours 21 minutes Woo Hoo nearly just a two digit number
    Umm.. 9 more hours 21 minutes till my first exam [Currently in the cramming-mood] (needing to get off FORT n-o-w)
    31 more hours and 21 minutes till my last final exam
    77 hours 21 minutes till graduation rehearsel

- Yes Ness, GRaduation is only once, and I think I am making the most of it

FORT Fogey
    I'm glad you're so excited about your graduation blue! I hope it goes well for you... I will be attending my sister's grad tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it... another looooong boring ceremony.

THe "Cap" and the "gown"

Ok, I had like a 2 second briefing with the teacher in charge, and was telling everybody that rental for the gown and cap was 35 bucks! I'm sorry but this is another scheme of my school to suck all the money out of us . $30 for the gown, $5 for the "tassle" or "cap" or whatever it's called :rolleyes (and it's not as if we can choose not to have it :rolleyes )

So question, did you always have to pay rental? or is my school just being typically money-sucking-arrogant-people

oh btw - 69 hours and 50 minutes

Wow...you are almost a graduate! I went to a private Catholic school and they made us pay for everything. They actually withheld diplomas if there were any unpaid "donations", etc. I can't remember 100% that we had to pay for cap and gown, but I bet we did. Just a few more day and then you won't have to worry about any of that stuff.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Wow...you are almost a graduate! I went to a private Catholic school and they made us pay for everything. They actually withheld diplomas if there were any unpaid "donations", etc. I can't remember 100% that we had to pay for cap and gown, but I bet we did. Just a few more day and then you won't have to worry about any of that stuff.
    Same here. Mine was a Christian school (not Catholic) and we had to pay for all that stuff. That's how they get you one last time before they have to let you go.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

yep, we had to pay for the rental (don't remember how much...even though it was only 2 years ago...lol), but we got to keep the cap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast