+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Graduation

Congragulations, Blue_cool and all 2004 graduates.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    when i graduated, we all got a CD with all the people of the grad year on it. Also we got a spech from the head boy and principal and of course, live music.

Before our exam leave starts (revision time outside of school) for the year 13's (final secondary school year)traditionally all yr13's are allowed to break into school at midnight or whenever to set up gags and mess up the whole school the next day (e.g Helium baloons popped in the playground, ducks in the pool, chickens in the playground, gladwrap on the toilets, school divereted thru staff room, inflatable pool on playground to throw teachers in, smoke machine+coloured disco lights and partied in the staff room etc)

yea that day is the best hahahaa
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

AR - sounds like loads of fun, too bad my school is so "light-spirited" and would never allow anything like that :phhht

Well my school Valedictorian has been annouced yesterday, yeah I voted for him so I'm happy he got it. Hey I got nominated

7 more days till graduation... or as of now 158 more hours till graduation! (I got a weird/bad habit of doing these countdowns , 48 hours and less, I'll be counting down by the minutes )

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Don't remember my high school graduation. If I didn't have to go, I wouldn't have. Don't plan on going to any reunions either.

Didn't go to my college graduation. Just got my diploma in the mail. I wasn't going to sit there for 3 hours while they called out thousands of names of people I don't care anything about.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_cool
    AR - sounds like loads of fun, too bad my school is so "light-spirited" and would never allow anything like that :phhht

Well my school Valedictorian has been annouced yesterday, yeah I voted for him so I'm happy he got it. Hey I got nominated

7 more days till graduation... or as of now 158 more hours till graduation! (I got a weird/bad habit of doing these countdowns , 48 hours and less, I'll be counting down by the minutes )
    Good news is, I'm telling the truth haha.

My younger brother grads in 2 years time i think I'll post pictures of that graduation day.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

We don't have school graduations in the UK. We have graduation ceremonies at university, with academic gowns and formal speeches. At Oxford a lot of the ceremony is in Latin ( not my alma mater. ) I graduated from Queens University Belfast, so long ago I can barely remember. The most significant thing is the fact that my Dad had bought a new camera and took lots of photos. BUT, no film in the camera!! I had to get copies of photos from some friends. That's about all I can remember about the ceremony.

My High School graduation was memorable and I enjoyed it because I was getting the hell OUTTA there!

This was quite a few years ago, but . . .

I remember Graduation Week was fun (at least for me) because Seniors were basically cut totally loose the last week of school (unless you had some serious, by-your-fingertips making-up or praying to do, that is), even though school was in session for everybody else. We did have to show up, but nobody expected anything of us. So, we got to roam the halls, sign yearbooks and memory books, etc., as long as we didn't disrupt the ongoing classes too much or burn the building down.

Graduation night was great (again, because I was getting the hell OUTTA there). In my family, NOT going to graduation was NOT an option, but I'dve never opted out of going anyway. I figured that since I'd suffered so much for the past four years, then dammit, I'd definitely earned the right to boogie down the aisle of the City Auditorium in heels! Which I did magnificently, I might add!

Our class totaled 500. It was a tradition at our school for the classes to make the number of the year we graduated (i.e., 04 for 2004) with the boys in dark blue caps and gowns making the numbers and the side borders, and the girls in white making the background. We marched in and faced sideways in each of our rows. When the last body moved into place, the main music ("Pomp and Circumstance") stopped. We were given a signal and faced front. The audience screamed. We were given another signal and sat down. The audience went absolutely nuts. Flashbulbs exploded until you would've thought there was a bank of klieg lights turned on in that place. People roared. It was worth everything just to get their reaction to that number being formed!

That part was really great, and I'll remember that, always.

Other than that, the only other things I clearly recall offhand about my graduation ceremony were:

1. Quentin's foot-and-a-half-long Prince Valient pageboy. Quentin was our Class President and had previously sported a magnificent, foot-long Afro. Which he absolutely refused to cut for the ceremony. It was a riot to see him walk down to the front to give the prayer for the evening, take off his cap, and reveal his center-parted, straightened, greasy, glistening, past-shoulder-length pageboy. The lights just bounced off that sucker. You could hear the gasps fron the parents in the audience!

2. We absolutely, positively screwed up the Class Song to no end, which totally infuriated Janice, our school sports star and Class Song author. Her face was so red from anger as she stomped back to her seat, you could've mistaken it for a fire engine. And no, nobody really gave a damn.

3. I swear to this day that I heard a few people puking in the background as the evening continued. There were some who had had a nip or two before coming. But somehow, they'd managed to sneak past the dragons at the door before they were smelled or too closely scrutinized.

And at the end, I boogied off the stage and back down the aisle to "Pomp and Circumstance" in my high heels! When I made it out the front door to the sidewalk in front of the Auditorium, I let out a scream of joy that was heard in Timbuktu. I couldn't talk the next day.

It was a great night!
    Last edited by ness; 06-19-2004 at 03:01 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ness - Seemed like a very memorable Graduation!

Today a few of us (grads) are planning what were going to do after the graduation ceremony. COnsidering it's in the morning, and will be done at about noon, we're all thinking to go for a movie-marathon, like watch 3-4 movies back-to-back, and then head off to some restaurant, and then hang-out at a guys place, which just happens to me next to the City's pubbing/clubbing area (which of course I won't be going to ).

Graduation - Can't wait!

Countdown 137 hours and 52 minutes (I need to get off this countdown thing)

graduation day was chaotic. a lot of people, a lot of photos. the ceremony was very emotional, valedictorian speech was sappy (but aren't they all) but what was best was the after-prom, good time, friends, music, booze. ingredients to a great night. Definitely how i imagined grad night to be!

FORT Fogey
    My graduation was a long boring ceremony... I only had been at that high school for a year when I graduated... it was a good year, but I wasn't overly emotional. I got to sing for my graduation with my jazz choir, and that was really the only interesting part of the whole thing imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast