+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What were YOU in high school?

What were YOU in high school?

Hi all , It's been a very long time since I posted, Iv'e been busy as of late and lost touch with all my comrades at the FORT. I just got back from vacation in Phoenix, and couple days before that I graduated from high school, I'm leaving for the Navy Boot Camp in 4 weeks so I thought I'd get a couple more posts in before I go.

Well, since my high school days are now behind me(Thank the Gods) I thought I'd evaluate my position in the unstable structure of high school rank and file. When I first started high school I was scared and confused, I wasn't ready at all and I was surrounded by people who probably wanted to kick my arse!! But I got used to and kinda liked some days and totally hated others.(I still hate just for future references). I was the quiet but outspoken one in my group, there were five of us and the youngest; a freshman was the one of the most popular kids in the school, the other three were popular as well so.... since I was in the group I was considered popular as well, which is what everyone wants or wanted during there high school years. I was the most intelligent in my group, the only senior, the sophisticate is what they sometimes called me.All things considered I think I had pretty good 4 years, but, I would NOT want to repeat them. If I could change one thing though, it would be that my best friend would have graduated this year with me? But, oh well, His time is near..
    Well, that was a quick rundown of my high school experience what about you guys?
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

oh gawd lamonte that was SO long ago I can hardly remember ... or maybe I blocked it out?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I was the jack of all trades socially. Former cheerleader turned band geek, had some jock friends cos of football player older brother, and a partier who got good grades, except for math. That sums it up for me, I loved high school
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I graduated in the mid nineties, but I was pretty popular. My best friend from 2nd grade until we were high school seniors was the most popular girl in the school, I was probably in the top 5. Our click of friends was very popular and we always threw the best parties that everyone wanted to attend. We really knew how to par-tay. I was always known as the 'quiet one', until I had a few 'cocktails', then, watch out! They really got a kick out of how I could come out of my shell.
    Good times. I miss it!

I wouldn't say I was popular, I wasn't. I wasn't outcasted either though. I was just middle of the road, but everyone knew me. I was active in theatre and with the yearbook (neither of which, in my school were shameful to be part of. In fact, the majority of people wanted to be involved in some way.), and was a decent student..

I admit I am looking forward to the reunion though. Things are so different now, that I'd really like to see everyone, and what everyone else is up to, and who's a drug addict, and who went from ugly to hot.. and all that stuff..

High school? Ugh. I guess I was the defiant rebel headbanger chick...not much has changed except my taste in music has expanded
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I wasn't very popular. In my school, you were popular if you had money. We didn't. I was on the debate team and in a sorority. I dated a class mate when I was a freshman then for the next three years I dated an older guy who was out of school. I graduated a loooong time ago.

COnsidering tomorow is my last day of high-school. Time to "reflect"

I was not the populat one, but I did hang out with the popular people. COnsidering my school is so small, very small, everybody knows each others name. my school had the obvious clicks, and i apprently in the seniors group, and part of the popular one, but i wouldn't at all consider myself as one. but i'm not an outsider either. i was always involved one way or another, each year doing something different. freshman - basketball, sophmore - photography junior - theater/arts senior year - student council executive so i was always involved, and like being involved. so bassically i was your average-joe um "jane"

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, I'm not done with high school yet, but the first year I guess I was the spaz that hung out with mostly juniors. Which fits me well, because I am a spaz who mostly hangs out with juniors

It wasn't as hellish as Junior High. That's about all I can say about my High School experience. I was a big geek still, but at least I wasn't unpopular anymore. Most people were friendly toward me and I had a small circle of close friends.

My main activities were band and being editor of my school newspaper.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast