+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What were YOU in high school?

Unk's post reminded me of a school I attended when I was in the fourth grade. It was two rooms for eight grades. There was a huge stove in each room. The cafeteria lady grew all the vegetables and her husband raised the meat and furnished the milk. I think that was the happiest year I spent in school. Every time someone had a birthday the lady baked a cake and made ice cream for all of us. We moved all time and usually only went to a school for one year, but I will always remember that one.

My high school (Catholic, but just for the record I'm not) was kind of different - different labels for different groups (jocks & cheerleaders, goob squad, heads, band nerds, etc) but honestly, most of us all hung out at the same parties, got along really well. My friends and I were friends with just about everyone in every group, truth be told. Well, except for the cheeleader thing. All nice girls, but still very cheeleader-y. Everyone except the "squad" partied (even the jocks and most of the top academically in the achool ). I guess everyone was too stoned to fight.

I guess, looking back, I was considered fairly popular, but really just hung around with the same 10 or so kids most of the time. (You know, the old high school date-around-amongst-your-friends kind of thing) I got good grades, dated basically the same guy through 3 years of h.s., was a "band nerd" and worked the A/V crew, but also sang in both my junior and senionr shows and did more than my fair share of partying. All in all a really good experience.

We all kind of grew apart after we left for college, but I think I'll be hitting my 20th reunion next year (god, even typing that makes me feel old) and catch up with everyone. This thread has made me a little nostalgic.........
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Fort Member
    I belonged to the invisible group. Basically we were invisible. Teachers couldnt remember our names, popular students and unpopular students both ignored us we never won any awards or had any sporting ability and our grades were just average.
    We were invisible. I went to my school reunion a few years ago and half the people there still couldnt remember my name and would ask were you in my class? I had to point out my picture in the class photo.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Hey queenb come over and sit by me celebrate the fact that we are adults now and never have to go through that again. Like I have stated elsewhere, people who enjoyed high school are the ones that have real problems...
    I think Lucynda wants to be in our clique too! I never got a reunion invite till this year...25th, I had absolutely zero desire to go!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I thought we had a thread like this but I'm getting old, so my memory may be failing me.

I was a quiet and shy little orchestra geek.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I think Lucynda wants to be in our clique too! I never got a reunion invite till this year...25th, I had absolutely zero desire to go!
    Yeah, I'm in a clique! I am putting you on my buddy list queenb!

High school *shudder*... I can't talk about it yet, it was only sixteen years ago.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    High school *shudder*... I can't talk about it yet, it was only sixteen years ago.
    Want to be in our clique hepcat? We can eat lunch together! Maybe we need a table, I'll run ahead and get one and put various items on the other seat so everyone knows its reserved.

I'd love to be in the clique! Hooray!

Popular kids in my high school were the surfers, tan blondes, etc. Me: covered with freckles and prone to sunburn.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Popular kids in my high school were the surfers, tan blondes, etc. Me: covered with freckles and prone to sunburn.
    Woah- that description totally reminds me of myself. I hate having to put on soooooo much sunscreen, even though I know I need it to protect my skin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast