+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What were YOU in high school?

I was sort of a shy gothy theater kid (with some mod/Britpop leanings) with straight A's, a comic collection, and a penchant for poetry.

*cough* Nerd *cough*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I was a little bit of everything in high school and had friends in just about every social circle. Most people would have called me a "drama geek" probably, but I really wasn't all that involved in drama, more that most of my friends were and I just came around when we did productions. I flitted with all the different publications in the school as well...a year of yearbook, a year of newspaper, and a year of creative writing magazine...so all of those had their own groups and I never really fit into any one in particular since I did all three. Also, I was in the advanced programs and classes so I had all the brainiac friends as well. On any given day you could find me hanging out with a little bit of everyone, from the outcast stoners to the jocks/cheerleaders and everyone in between....it was honestly a good place to be and I don't regret it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    It wasn't as hellish as Junior High.
    I have junior high/middle school blocked out.

High school? I'd have to say I was semi-popular. My friends ranged from the class president to the nerds (one of whom I dated). I was involved with extra-cirricular activitesm especially during my senior year. I was a bit of everything- nerd, overacheiver, cynic. I attended an arts high school, so there were no athletes or cheerleaders to deal with.

High school, let me tell you about high school. I walked to school 5 miles in the snow up to my knees. Up hill. Both ways. I had to get there at 6 a.m. to light the pot belly stove. This was after gathering the eggs at home and slopping the hogs. Dang kids don't know how good you got it. Clubs? What clubs. The only club I saw was the one I got upside the head for not getting home and milking the cows. "Mommy and Daddy won't buy me a car. I have to ride the bus." Wahhh. Dang kids nowadays....

J/K

Unk were you the missing Ingalls kid??
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    It wasn't as hellish as Junior High.
    Eeeeeww... Junior High is another word for the ninth circle of hell. That place was horrible. High School is a prance in a park with flowers and trees all around compared to Junior High.

Lomante, you are lucky to be getting out of there. I only have 1 more year myself, and I hope it's a good one. It can't get any worse than junior year...I hope. Well, my school is small and made up of a lot of rich, reckless, and messed-up snobs. They mostly make up the "cool" little group. Some are alright, but others...just aren't. I'm friends with people in all different groups, but I guess my closer friends and I wouldn't be considered the "coolest" people around. I mean, just because we don't get wasted every day of our lives...:rolleyes

Yeah, I am lucky and glad to get out of there, it felt great to get that diploma. I'm off to Bigger and Better things. But, you are right it doesn't get that much worse after junior year, If you did everything you were supposed to do your first two years you should breeze through your senior year. Well, good luck!!!!
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

That was good Unk

I was a floater. I had friends in all groups, I have lost touch with a bunch though. There was a ton of different groups because there was so many people in my grad class. I was basically in the middle group though, I had friends in the popular group, not many though I stayed away from them because they were mostly big headed and very annoying. The kids in the more unpopular groups are usually the nicer ones and better friends. Some of my best friends from school were in those groups. The friends I met outside of school were mostly in the popular groups though and they are real close friends.

Although most people would never guess this, I was somewhat shy. I tried not to let it show but I was really lacking a lot of self confidence. Even so, I was still very popular and participated on various teams and activities. I had many friends but most importantly were my two best friend that I still talk with and visit regularly even though we all live in different parts of the country. I had a boyfriend my junior and senior year who was so arrogant, but I of course thought he was wonderful. Thank goodness I didn't end up with him! I have a reunion coming up in a few years. Maybe I will go, I haven't decided. The best part of looking back is to see the person I have become today. I am proud of my accomplishments and have definitely exceeded the expectations I had back then...but then again, my expectations were pretty low

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast