+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 458586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Re: Computer help desk

Thanks for those tips Pikachu! I'll try them later on. This morning I went ahead and saved them all individually! It took awhile, but now it's done and I can backup each day and it won't take so long.

On another note:
    Do you know of a better/newer/more efficient email program other than Outlook Express? I have found there is also just Outlook. The computer person I consulted with recently mentioned one, but I forget what he suggested. He wasn't happy with Outlook Express and I've had more than my share of problems with it lately.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to backup my Desktop files onto my External Hardrive without having to drop and drag or save and send each file indivicually? Is there a way to do it all at once. I have been doing it individually, but it's going to take a while. I've googled and read a lot about it, but I can't seem to get my answer. Any tips would be helpful.
    Holding down CTRL plus the "a" will select all the files.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thank you! It's good to know for future purposes.

Do you know of a better email program other than Outlook Express?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Our desktop computer downstairs is not working. It just froze and it won't boot past the starting screen. We tried a few times now. System restore isn't helping either.

So what I'm trying now is a virus scan through safe mode.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

And it didn't help either.

Does anyone know much about Windows 8 or Windows 8.1? I have Windows XP and it is phasing out in April 2014. I have to switch. I've heard that even though Windows 7 is older, it's better than Windows 8. Anyone have any experience? Most of the people at my office have XP too and they are in the same boat.

I have xp too. Yikes
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I have xp too. Yikes
    I have been hearing about it for a long time and last week found a great article on it. Sorry, I didn't keep the link. I just googled about what to switch to from XP. You can still use XP, but there will be no automatic updates and you will be compromised. If you have a professional computer person on contract, they can probably keep you updated, but that is expensive. There are some in the office who do that. I don't want to rely on that though. I have to make a decision soon.

I have a guy I take my computers to and he is very reasonable so I can get him to update mine. If I decide on a new laptop I will take it to him so he can transfer everything over to the new one. My daughter could do it but getting anything out of her is like pulling teeth. My desktop has windows7 on it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I have to make a cecision. When it's a big decision, I take too long to research and debate. I try to look at all information and make the best decision. I have to do it soon though.

I have a new computer guy who is reasonable in costs, but I need him for other issues. I would prefer to not add that to my list of things I have to pay extra for. And eventually, the updates will not be available at all,even to my computer guy.

+ Reply to Thread