+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4383848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Re: Computer help desk

I'm not having any trouble using them, either. Have you tried typing the []s, Bs, Is, and Us by hand?
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Or clean out the history cache on your browser. That seems to fix a plethora of challenges.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I will try both suggestions. Today, it dawns on me that this happens with my desktop, but not my laptop.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know where I posted my queries about difficulties I was having on this Board, Maybe here. Maybe elsewhere. But since the shutdown on Mon/Tues all my problems have disappeared!!! Like I'm all better! My "Like" button and ability to post easily now works Error Free. Haven't tried the "Reply with Quote" function yet (hasn't worked for a long time) so I'm about to return to BB15 thread to try it out!

Thank You, Mods!!

This may sound extremely silly, but here goes. I have been on the 'net for ages, since the late 90s and have been into just about everything that came along with it...Napster, chats, myspace, fb, twitter...the one thing I havent done is iTunes. Im getting my child an iPod for Christmas and am just curious what advice you all have to share about an iPod/iTunes. These days I use Spotify for my music, so I probably wont be getting much of that for me tho I may be getting some for my kid. Ill also be getting her some games. The only thing -I- would use Itunes for is podcasts, from the computer at work. Should I get an account for each of us if I plan to do that, or should one account work? I have never owned/used anything Apple so I am very unfamiliar with their products. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

CCL

One account would work. Just set it up so it doesn't automatically sync when you connect the ipod to the computer. That way you can choose what goes on the device ie if you don't want to put your podcasts on her ipod but just want to load her stuff on it.
    AmyKay and Cootie like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

You can also borrow music from the library, rip it onto the music section of your computer and download it onto the iPod.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Count your blessings!

If anyone knows what this means, I would appreciate any tips.

My computer guy saved a number of my inbox emails from 2012 onto my external hardrive, however, everytime I try to open them, it says I can't. It says I have to know which program created them. I checked with my computer guy who is unavailable right now and he said to import the file to the email client. What does that mean?

This happened before and he was able to open it, but I didn't see how. Any suggestions. I need to view these emails.

Another computer person told me that I have to tranfer those emails into an email program, so I guess that's what he means. Still, does that mean I have to import them back to Outlook Express?
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-30-2013 at 04:13 PM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I don't use Outlook Express, but I just tested something with regular Outlook. Try to copy the files, and paste them into the Outlook Express Inbox.

(When all else fails, try the easiest option.)

Let me know if this works!

AZC

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I don't use Outlook Express, but I just tested something with regular Outlook. Try to copy the files, and paste them into the Outlook Express Inbox.

(When all else fails, try the easiest option.)

Let me know if this works!

AZC
    I'm going to try that in the morning. I got caught up with a client and just got home, haven't eaten anything all day and have a headache! lol I'll start fresh in the morning and report back here. Thanks a lot!
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread