+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 428283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Computer help desk

Thanks. So here's what I wrote in the other thread:

There's an issue with my computer for the last two days. I described it in more detail on the Microsoft support forum yesterday, so here's what I wrote:

Today, for some reason, the windows startup has been a lot slower than usual. The "Windows is starting" screen takes a lot longer, as does the time to load the main menu, and after I click to log in with the Owner account, there is a black screen for two or three minutes before the desktop starts up. This hasn't happened before and I don't know what started it. I've been searching for solutions online all day and I tried some things, such as running the error-checking scan, the Defragmentation, and disabling some of the startup programs when entering the desktop. None of this helped. What else can I do?
    Anything anyone here can advise?

Can you do a system restore to two or three days ago and see if that helps?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

That was suggested but I only saw three that were available. The one furthest from now was like, earlier yesterday, after I already saw the problem begin. So I don't know if that will work. I tried a registry cleaner after doing some research online, it was the first thing I tried, and that probably screwed things up more.

I'd bite the bullet and take it to a computer repair shop. If you don't know what you're doing you can make it worse/not get rid of spyware/viruses. I had to have mine cleaned out by a professional several months ago because a virus got in. It cost me $60 but it had to be done.
    Count your blessings!

Hello, I have a question if that's ok. I'm new here and due to some surgeries, I have to come here via my Android phone. Is there an app or a mobile version of FORT? I can't sit up at a computer and can't hold a laptop right now.
    I love it here and you have all helped me fill a lot of long lonely days, but it's really hard to navigate on my phone.
    Thank you so much for any replies.

I'm still pushing the Kindle.
    Amazon.com: fire: Kindle Store
    Count your blessings!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Hello, I have a question if that's ok. I'm new here and due to some surgeries, I have to come here via my Android phone. Is there an app or a mobile version of FORT? I can't sit up at a computer and can't hold a laptop right now.
    I love it here and you have all helped me fill a lot of long lonely days, but it's really hard to navigate on my phone.
    Thank you so much for any replies.
    There's an app called tapatalk that links to a mobile version of Fort. I've never used it but I know some here have.
    Last edited by CCL; 07-17-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

JohnnyK, when I've observed odd things like you describe with my computer, it was usually the forewarning of a big issue. Within days or weeks, my computer would go completely out or freak out with odd stuff. Luckily, I have a computer guy who has always jumped in and rescued all my stuff, plus I have backup too on an external harddrive.

I would backup everthing on an external harddrive and then get it to a professional. Good luck.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm having trouble with using the "B", "I", and "U" features that appear just above the quick reply box. They don't seem to work anymore, and when I do try to activate them, I get the message asking if I want to navigate to another page or not. I answer 'no', and my message will display in the thread without any bolding, italicizing, or underlining; answering 'no' used to get my message to display with the features added.

Anybody?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm trying to test to see if I am able to use the "I" "B" or "U". We'll see. I haven't noticed it, but I rarely use those features.

I didn't receive any message. I think it worked okay.

+ Reply to Thread