+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Re: Computer help desk

Thanks TopCats that sounds about right , except I do run photoshop on my desktop. I will check some of these out. I have Vista on my desktop also. It has been ok,, but I do want to get Windows 7.

Thanks everyone for you help!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;3953823;
    Thanks TopCats that sounds about right , except I do run photoshop on my desktop. I will check some of these out. I have Vista on my desktop also. It has been ok,, but I do want to get Windows 7.
    In that case, look for:
    • One if the new Intel Core processors. An i5 would be great; and i3 would be OK.
    • Get Windows 7 64 bit and 4 gigabytes of RAM.

Some of the higher-end laptops that I mentioned have that. Good luck!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can anyone help me??

I was doing a crossword puzzle on my computer the other day and, all of a sudden, the entire display blurred. I walked away for a few days, came back, and it had cleared up. Now the blurriness comes and goes. I can work around it, but it's annoying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Can anyone help me??

I was doing a crossword puzzle on my computer the other day and, all of a sudden, the entire display blurred. I walked away for a few days, came back, and it had cleared up. Now the blurriness comes and goes. I can work around it, but it's annoying.
    Whenever something weird like this happens, I check the model # of the equipment and Google it - something like "Sanyo Model 35 monitor intermittent blurry display" . . . I find that Google works better than the manufacturer's website, because people don't have as much of a vested interest in downplaying problems. Hope it's something fixable.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

When I read your post, I didn't know if you meant your computer monitor was blurring or your eyes were. I've had both problems before.

I developed a pinguecula on my eye once which a doctor told me was caused from eye strain. I use a computer for probably 97% of my work and I was taking classes at the time so I was reading a lot, too. I got some eye drops to use and tried to limit my computer usage as much as I could and gradually it went away. Now when my eyes start feeling strained, I cut back on computer usage and reading and I haven't had another pinguecula.

For blurry monitors, I find a swift thump to the side of the monitor corrects the problem most of the time.

I'm no computer technician, though, so that's probably not the approved method of dealing with the situation. AZChristian's advice sounds like the place to start.

Now, why didn't I think of googling???

And my eyes are fine! I immediately picked up some printed material to check.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If it is intermittent, then it could be that your monitor is on its way out. Look for it in your system hardware folder and see if you can run a test on it.

Pleased to report that I did the google, found instructions, did as directed, and it appears that the problem has been resolved!!! I'll only really know over time, but my eyes are now thanking me! The display looks amazing!!

I was, mentally, prepared to go monitor shopping, though!!

Thank you, ladies!!!!

I am using a new computer and some things on it are driving me crazy. I'm referring to Word 2007. I have researched for hours and finally discovered how to stop the Numbered paragraphs from doing a sharp indent far in from the body of the document. I rarely need that kind of indentation, but the only way to avoid it, is to Click the spot you don't want it, Press Enter and then Click onto the Numbering Icon above the the ribbon. It's very annoying as you have to keep doing it line by line. That is to much work to keep an indentation off.

How can I turn off that automatic numbering with indentions all the time? Any tips will be appreciated.

*bumping this thread for JohnnyK.

Windows has been acting up lately. I've had problems too. I not sure that Windows knows the answer or I couldn't find one. I did find that there was a problem with an update but a recent update was suppose to correct the problem.
    When you run your scans for bugs, virus, malware etc. run the long scans. The quick scans are not picking up the bugs.
    Maybe one of our FoRT computer experts can help.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 04-27-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread