+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Re: Computer help desk

I know that on Outlook, if you go to TOOLS, and clicks open OPTIONS, and click on the RECEIPTS tab, there is a box you can check to request a read receipt for all sent emails.

Underneath that section, you also have other choices such as "never send a read receipt", "notify me for each read receipt request" (I have that one checked on mine) and "always send a read receipt."

Only one of my friends does request a read receipt. I don't hear from her very often, maybe 2-3 times per year, and always thought it was her way of making sure email addies were still valid.

CCL

^ Also, the receiver can choose not to send a read receipt using Outlook.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am having a weird problem with my computer. If I use my desktop icon for IE to access the web, when it pulls up the web page (any web page) it tells me that it can't display the page. However, if I go into the Help section and click on Open IE it will let me open any page on the web. Does anyone know how to reset my icon or what I need to do to fix this? As long as I go into the Help section I can acess the web, so I know it's not my connection. Everything else on the computer is working fine and loading fine.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3544081;
    I just wanted to come back here and let you know, that I upgraded to I/Explorer 8 which also updated a SP. It took forever to downloand, however I don't have the freezing problem anymore.

I also fixed a problem where my screen saver wouldn't come on ever since I got a wireless mouse.

I hope that's the end of it! (I'm sure its not, there's always something

Thanks again for everyone's help.
    I have the upgrade on my computer, but my screen saver still won't stay set, I also have a wireless mouse. I wish the upgrade would have fixed that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3673040;
    I have the upgrade on my computer, but my screen saver still won't stay set, I also have a wireless mouse. I wish the upgrade would have fixed that for me.
    This is what I did. I found it by searching the net for other issues, and it worked for me. I saved it in case I had the problem again, but I haven't had any issues, my s/saver works fine everytime!

-go to, control panel -system-hardware -device manager- human interface devices-- HID NON-USER INPUT DATA FILTER -- right click on it and select update driver -- once done to test it and see if it works by setting your screen saver to 1 minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3673037;
    I am having a weird problem with my computer. If I use my desktop icon for IE to access the web, when it pulls up the web page (any web page) it tells me that it can't display the page. However, if I go into the Help section and click on Open IE it will let me open any page on the web. Does anyone know how to reset my icon or what I need to do to fix this? As long as I go into the Help section I can acess the web, so I know it's not my connection. Everything else on the computer is working fine and loading fine.
    I would first check to make sure my home page has an accurate url. Go to tools internet options, home page box. Make sure there is a valid url. For ex if you like goolge.ca or yahoo.ca or whatever you like to see when you first open your explorer.

Otherwise, I would check my icon on my desktop because it might have the wrong file associated with it. Right click on your desktop icon, it should end with the file iexplore.exe. If it isn't, that would be the problem.

Search for your iexplore.exe file, it might be explore.exe depending on what version you are using, write down the location, or just know where it it.

Click on an empty spot on your desktop, right click, new, shortcut. Browse to the location of your iexplore.exe file. Save it, Open IE using your new shortcut.

Hope that works for you.

I have a 2 Wire router as my modem. It has been so frustrating as the middle light blinks yellow and I lose internet service intermittenly in the evening only. It's fine during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3673061;
    This is what I did. I found it by searching the net for other issues, and it worked for me. I saved it in case I had the problem again, but I haven't had any issues, my s/saver works fine everytime!

-go to, control panel -system-hardware -device manager- human interface devices-- HID NON-USER INPUT DATA FILTER -- right click on it and select update driver -- once done to test it and see if it works by setting your screen saver to 1 minute...
    I don't have the HID NON-USER INPUT DATA FILTER listed. I have 2 listings labeled...HID compliant consumer control device, 2 listings for...HID compliant device and 4 listings for...USB Human Interface Device. I did a mouse driver update, but it said I had the updated driver already.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3673063;
    I would first check to make sure my home page has an accurate url. Go to tools internet options, home page box. Make sure there is a valid url. For ex if you like goolge.ca or yahoo.ca or whatever you like to see when you first open your explorer.

Otherwise, I would check my icon on my desktop because it might have the wrong file associated with it. Right click on your desktop icon, it should end with the file iexplore.exe. If it isn't, that would be the problem.

Search for your iexplore.exe file, it might be explore.exe depending on what version you are using, write down the location, or just know where it it.

Click on an empty spot on your desktop, right click, new, shortcut. Browse to the location of your iexplore.exe file. Save it, Open IE using your new shortcut.

Hope that works for you.
    Here is what I found. I have 2 Internet Explorer's listed in my accessories. One is just IE and one is IE 64 bit. I am not sure how come I have two of them listed, but the IE will not work, even though the file is iexplore.exe. The IE 64 bit will work and the file for it is also iexplore.exe. The only thing is running the 64 bit, now none of my add ons work. I checked Internet tools and enabled them, but I keep getting that they aren't compatable with 64 bit. I have no clue why all of a sudden my Explorer is running in 64 bit. I changed my screen resolution, thinking that may have had something to do with it, but still nothing. I am running Vista with Windows 8 if anyone has any more suggestions and thanks for your help GuardianAngel!

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3678491;
    I am running Vista with Windows 8 if anyone has any more suggestions and thanks for your help GuardianAngel!
    Download Firefox, Wyzo, or Google Chrome--all good browsers-- and forget about IE
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread