+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Re: Computer help desk

I suddenly have been having a problem with my M/Soft Outlook 2003. I receive quite a few emails every day. I usually forward emails back to myself in order to change the subject line, so I can file the email. For some reason, when I do that now, it shows in the sent folder, however I am not receiving it.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening. I have checked and doubled checked all my settings, and do not see any reason why this would be happening.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3522860;
    I suddenly have been having a problem with my M/Soft Outlook 2003. I receive quite a few emails every day. I usually forward emails back to myself in order to change the subject line, so I can file the email. For some reason, when I do that now, it shows in the sent folder, however I am not receiving it.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening. I have checked and doubled checked all my settings, and do not see any reason why this would be happening.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    First off did you click on detect and repair under HELP? Try that if not.

Could it be ending up in either junk mail or your ISP mailbox settings got changed somehow, you might want to check that.

I have Office Pro 2003 and I will do further checking for you if the detect and repair does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3522882;
    First off did you click on detect and repair under HELP? Try that if not.

Could it be ending up in either junk mail or your ISP mailbox settings got changed somehow, you might want to check that.

I have Office Pro 2003 and I will do further checking for you if the detect and repair does not help.

Thanks! Somehow my email address was added to my spam list. Although nothing was showing up in my junk mail, in Outlook, it was sitting in a spam folder in the exchange server email account at work. I empty that spam folder on a regular basis without opening it therefore I didn't realize that's where they were going. Thanks again!

You're Welcome

My son and I are sharing a desktop for a while and it's seriously driving me crazy because he has AIM instant messaging enabled on his account and I don't. I keep getting an AIM upgrade message about every 5 minutes and I don't even have it on my account. My son says that if I delete the program it would also delete it from his account....Is this true or can I delete the program fron my account only?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3539216;
    My son and I are sharing a desktop for a while and it's seriously driving me crazy because he has AIM instant messaging enabled on his account and I don't. I keep getting an AIM upgrade message about every 5 minutes and I don't even have it on my account. My son says that if I delete the program it would also delete it from his account....Is this true or can I delete the program fron my account only?
    It sounds like it is set up to start automatically.
    You should be able to go into MyAim, Options, Preferences, sign on/off , see if the Start AIM when windows starts is clicked. if so, unclick it.

Your son will still have to start up, sign in when he wants to use it - but at least you won't be bothered with it.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

The instant notification about updating will probably still show up, even if you disable the option to start automatically. When it was trying to get me to update AIM, that pop-up showed up every time I started the computer. Why doesn't your son just update his version and then the update pop-up will go away for both of you?
    Wake up and be awesome

Thanks Schmoo and Ashley! I'll eventually figure this out; I hope. Son said he has upgraded on his account so he never gets the message.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3282879;
    Have you installed service pack 1? We had all kinds of weird slow and erratic behavior on our Vista system, but it seems to have gone away since we installed the service pack (for now anyway).

To see if you have the service pack:
    1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
    2. Look in the Windows Edition section at the top right side of the window. If the service pack is installed, you will see a reference to Windows Vista SP1 displayed.

If you do not have it you can use Windows Update to check for updates (which will include the SP), follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
    2. In the navigation pane, click Check for updates.
    3. After Windows Update has finished checking for updates, click View available updates.
    4. Click to select the check boxes for the updates that you want to install, and then click Install.
    I just wanted to come back here and let you know, that I upgraded to I/Explorer 8 which also updated a SP. It took forever to downloand, however I don't have the freezing problem anymore.

I also fixed a problem where my screen saver wouldn't come on ever since I got a wireless mouse.

I hope that's the end of it! (I'm sure its not, there's always something

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Question: When someone sends you email, are they able to see when you've opened it? I know that AOL has a receipt process to tell you when other AOLers have viewed your email, but what about the other services?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread