+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Re: Computer help desk

I just went to AVG to update my software and it loaded fine. My husband's computer was gone for most of last week because he had gotten this worm and it ruined the entire computer. The tech had to basically re-load the operating system just to get it to boot up again. Thank goodness I only do my banking on my work computer! you are so welcome prhoshay!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I have AVG and thus far, so good.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
    My HP Officejet Printer just stopped printing. It's an all in one fax, scanner, copier, printer.
    I've tried the obvious things. Turning on / off; rebooting, etc.
    Does anybody have any ideas?
    Or is this just planned obsolescence? I've only had it about 2 - 3 years, I think.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Have you checked the connection to the computer, and to the wall? Does it even turn on?? Or try to print at all? Also, try unplugging the whole computer, printer, and everything for (1) minute and try again (I know, not very technical but works sometimes)
    If all that stuff is in order, go to the printer program on the desktop or 'all programs' and make sure the documents are even being sent to the printer. If they are, check to make sure you haven't somehow got them 'waiting'; don't know how that happens, but I have had a list of documents 'waiting' that never started until I clicked 'print' on that list. .
    If they aren't even getting sent to the printer, try reinstalling the printer software.

Don't waste too much time and frustration. If all else fails, very good 3 in ones are cheap these days--allow yourself the satisfaction of drop kicking, hammering, or simply toting the printer to the outside trash. Be sure to disconnect the printer from the computer and the wall socket before any of these actions.

Then again, maybe someone here knows the real way to make the thing work!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3405534;
    Have you checked the connection to the computer, and to the wall? Does it even turn on?? Or try to print at all? Also, try unplugging the whole computer, printer, and everything for (1) minute and try again (I know, not very technical but works sometimes)
    If all that stuff is in order, go to the printer program on the desktop or 'all programs' and make sure the documents are even being sent to the printer. If they are, check to make sure you haven't somehow got them 'waiting'; don't know how that happens, but I have had a list of documents 'waiting' that never started until I clicked 'print' on that list. .
    If they aren't even getting sent to the printer, try reinstalling the printer software.

Don't waste too much time and frustration. If all else fails, very good 3 in ones are cheap these days--allow yourself the satisfaction of drop kicking, hammering, or simply toting the printer to the outside trash. Be sure to disconnect the printer from the computer and the wall socket before any of these actions.

Then again, maybe someone here knows the real way to make the thing work!
    Thanks, QueenB.
    I had checked all those things long before I posted. The machine is trying to print, but is not succeeding. It's not making a connection with the paper.

If you do need to get a new one, go to Staples. They are giving $50 rebates when one recycles their old printers/all-in-ones and buying a new one. (I know, this is what I did on Saturday! LOL)

If it is a 2 or 3 year old printer, it could very well be that the time has come to say good-bye to it.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3405543;
    Thanks, QueenB.
    I had checked all those things long before I posted. The machine is trying to print, but is not succeeding. It's not making a connection with the paper.
    Do you have the software for the printer? I had a problem with my printer (also an HP but not an all-in-one) and I reloaded the software and that fixed it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3405644;
    If you do need to get a new one, go to Staples. They are giving $50 rebates when one recycles their old printers/all-in-ones and buying a new one. (I know, this is what I did on Saturday! LOL)

If it is a 2 or 3 year old printer, it could very well be that the time has come to say good-bye to it.
    THanks.
    Can't believe that planned obselescence is actually for something 2 - 3 years old? There was a time when things were actually manufactured in THIS country to last a long time. I guess that's what happens when you import all this crap from countries who did it all on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3405691;
    THanks.
    Can't believe that planned obselescence is actually for something 2 - 3 years old? There was a time when things were actually manufactured in THIS country to last a long time. I guess that's what happens when you import all this crap from countries who did it all on the cheap.
    And that happened because the UNIONS got too strong TOO FAST taking wages and prices up. I think the unions were a good thing but they were greedy from the get go.

+ Reply to Thread