+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Re: Computer help desk

Lucy, she can get a whole new drive for $30 or less--it's only a couple of screws to install it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Need help...My 2yr old was mashing button on the keyboard and now my computer screen display is upside down...Tried looking at display settings throygh the control panel, nothing that I could see that would fix it...Tried looking pushing buttons on the screen, but nothing...Any suggestions?

Trying hitting CTRL + ALT + UP (the up arrow key)
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Thanks it work...

Oh boy I have a biggie here.

I went on a tech site for a problem I posted about awhile back and tried a fix.

It actually made me have more of a problem.

Now my computer is really maybe gone (I have recovery cds) I mean all my pictures and my daughter's pictures too.

Anyway, someone wrote that I should try this:

You can also, install the hard drive into any other computer, running XP, as a second or Slave drive, and if correctly done you can browse that hard drive to move or copy any files you need, to another computer or to any other media like CDs.

Okay it is a really good tech site and I am listed as a beginner. Leo...Queen
    Do you know what this is all about?

Long ago I knew computers well. I have gotten away from them and just rusty. I'd like to try that suggestion. One of my brothers is very good and was suppose to be here next week. Work has changed his plans until March and I'm not wanting to wait.

What do you think? I have about 4 computers (spares) around here.

thanks in advance with any advice.

Gutmutter, glad you got some good advice on here and got the right notebook.

Just wanted to add, I also like Vista.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

I usually take my computer in to have someone recover items from the hard drive if the operating system crashes. Too many times I've tried to recover stuff and fried the whole thing.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's my stupid problem of the day: I have AOL. There are times when I've been on that all of my icons at the top of my page (the mail button, the refresh button, the forward/back buttons, etc.) have disappeared, like I've intentionally hidden them, but I have no way to pull them back down for viewing/usage. The only way I've been able to access them again is to log off and back on. Can anyone suggest what is going on here? It's not a huge deal, but it's annoying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know explorer uses F11 to toggle between normal screen (with top selections) and 'full' screen, which fills the screen and no buttons.

try F11 and see if that works next time.

JamiLee - I had to do that once with a hard drive (while intermittedly putting it in the freezer for 15 minutes at a time).
    but it requires changing the settings to recognize a slave drive, hooking it up properly to cable and plug inside the 'master' computer.
    I'm with buglover - let the Geek Squad or someone do it for you.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

schmoo2, thanks. I'll try that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread