+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar

Computer Question

I have 2 computer questions:

1) In my household, everyone is getting an IPOD for Christmas, if they've not already gotten one. Is there a way we can keep each of our iPOD libraries seperate?

2) Does adding a user onto your computer take up alot of memory?

Thanks!
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: Computer help desk

1) In Windows, each log-in has a separate iPod library. So, if everyone has their own user name and password they use on system startup, each of your libraries will be separate.

2) No, not at all. It'll take up a little hard drive space, but not enough to be a factor at all.

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2731334;
    1) In Windows, each log-in has a separate iPod library. So, if everyone has their own user name and password they use on system startup, each of your libraries will be separate.

2) No, not at all. It'll take up a little hard drive space, but not enough to be a factor at all.
    Thanks!
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Actually, it depends on how everyone imports/adds to library their music. If all music is kept in a central folder then no problem with using up too much space. However, if each person is importing the music into THEIR iTunes Music Library, then music will be duplicated if different people import the same music. It's best to check what the options are in the iTunes Music preferences. Check under 'advanced'. You see where each person's music is being stored.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

This isn't a computer question, so I hope it is OK to post it here. My husband has a Sanyo SCP 3100 cell phone. While at a friends house for New Year's Eve out in the country, the neighbors caught their yard on fire. My husband and friends go running across five acres to help put out the fire. They were all running in the dark on very uneven ground. My husband felt himself start to fall so he grabbed his cell phone, did the drop and roll thing and came back up on his feet. Shouldn't have caused any damage to the phone, but now the screen on the front of the phone is blank. The screen on the inside still works as does the phone and the push to talk, but he no longer has the display of the time and stuff on the front. The front screen will show "powering up" and "finding service" when turning it on, but then goes blank. Does anyone have any suggestions...know where I can find a repair kit or a really cheap replacement with no contract? We still have a year left on our contract and are not being offered any decent deals on upgrading. Thanks to anyone who can help!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I'm sorry I don't know much about ipods, itunes, MP3s, or cell phones to assist anyone.

Meowza!

Santa brought me a new zt tower with Windows Vista. My sweetie and I bought a 24" Westinghouse monitor (with HDTV capability) for it. I have spent the entire year (!) getting set up and transferring some photos and documents from my Windows 98 First Edition to my new Vista via a flashdrive. I was able to upload a Windows SE version from my Dad so that flashdrive would work on my old machine. And we managed to download a couple of programs from Windows.

As a total computer idiot, I have been surprised at how well this is going. Although I am exhausted after doing each little thing. It's slow going because I can't think well at times and get overwhelmed.

The only problems I've discovered so far, is that I can't transfer over my e-mail addresses; I have to input them again from scratch. And I couldn't transfer over my favorites. I have been able to copy them as a document but will have to input them again I guess.

I was able to buy 1G of memory for less than $25 and that has helped greatly as Vista does take up a lot of space.

It handles my Wacom tablet well but I haven't attached a printer yet. Nor have I tried to burn anything. Or try out the HDTV thingy.

I have managed to get up and going on the Fort though! WOO HOO for me.

Any suggestions or advice about working with VISTA is appreciated!
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-04-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2742147;
    Any suggestions or advice about working with VISTA is appreciated!
    Don't!!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2742150;
    Don't!!
    It wasn't my first choice. I've been wanting a Mac but that wasn't going to happen for another year or so. So I'm not going to look my gift horse in the mouth. I've hopped on for the ride; bumpy as it might get.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have Vista and haven't had any problems. I guess I may be the only one.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I got a new work laptop last week and it has Vista and Office 2007 and I haven't had any problems yet, either. So you're not alone Dagwood. It's just a little different, a few boxes pop up that didn't used to and that sort of thing.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread