+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Thanks for the help Phat... unfortuneately, my laptop isn't from work, so there's no tech guy here that could help me...

I guess I'm stuck dealing the support phone number.

I guess I'm stuck dealing the support phone number.

Or...Geek Squad to the rescue!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Well I don't want to have to call Geek Squad unless I absolutely have to...

I have a warranty on my laptop till April of 2006.... I should use that! Use it for what... I dunno? I still don't even know what's wrong!

Oi vay... I'm gonna need a drink..

Callie, you should take it back to where you got it, if it's got a warranty on it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Exactly. "Warranty"? You said the magic words.

Get on the phone. Be polite but firm. Do not take the run-around. Do not accept that nothing can be done about this.

If you are still in a bind, then start escalating the call. Ask, politely but firmly, to speak to the manager of the person with whom you're speaking. Then ask to speak to that person's manager.

To make anything worthwhile happen in this world, you need an ounce of tenacity, some guts, and a bucket o' determination, especially if you want to get the results you're looking for. Good luck.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Here's a dumb question I'm not sure anyone can help me with.

I have a Dell with Windows XP and I'm trying to run a game for my daughter (Scooby Doo The Scary Stone Dragon). However, every time we run it, it dies in the same spot. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall and looked online to see if there were updates or anything. It says system requirement is windows 98SE/Me/200sp4/XP sp1

This is the error I get:

Faulting application case file #2.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00011e5a

Anything that anyone could suggest could help this run? I do have Service Pack 2, could this be it?

Nothing is worse than a new Scooby Game not working for an anxious 6 year old. And a crazy woman pulling her hair out. I hate when I can't figure things out!!

Thanks!

MaryBeth, was there any mention online of there being a patch required? I remember having a Tomb Raider game for the computer a few years ago that had a glitch, and you needed a patch or it would quit at a certain spot. You might google "Scooby Doo" and "walkthroughs" to find sites where people might discuss having that problem.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Well well well...

I just got off the phone with Dell. I was on for 2 hours! FINALLY... they just gave up on me, and said they're gonna send a technician to my house, and he'll call me on Monday to set up an appt with me. Appearently, it's my motherboard or something like that, and they're gonna send the technician the part, and then he'll come to my house to fix the computer.

I'm so happy I bought that warranty. That laptop is only 13 months old!!!

BTW: Is it bad that I've only been a member for a little over a month here at FORT, and I'm already addicted?

*looks up in yellow pages the number for a local addiction center around here*

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    they're gonna send the technician the part, and then he'll come to my house to fix the computer.
    Well, good.

BTW: Is it bad that I've only been a member for a little over a month here at FORT, and I'm already addicted?
    This place has a way of doing that.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Lucy - thanks - I did the search and couldn't find a thing (although my hubby was excited to find some cheat sites )

I ended up returning it. She wasn't too happy, but no sense keeping it!

+ Reply to Thread